1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days 2023

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Apr 1, 2023.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

2. busapilot

busapilot Well-Known Member

I see 500GP on the Friday Practice schedule, but not on the race schedule or in the entry list?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Due to lack of entries in that one we're sadly not running it. Had a couple of classes with only one entry for a number of years that we had to remove.

4. DesmoAndrew

DesmoAndrew Active Member

I do look forward to VMD ...

5. Mark Badillo

Mark Badillo Well-Known Member

What is going on with the online payment system, is it new? when I try to pay for VMD with my credit card it identifies my wifes PayPal account and I get stuck in an endless loop.

6. Mark Badillo

is PayPal now processing all payments?

7. Mark Badillo

Tried again today, cant check out as guest without a PayPal account.Stuck in a Captcha loop. Cant be this hard to pay for races.

8. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I haven't checked in the registration, but I know on our site, it forwards you to a place that looks like Paypal is the only option, but it also has, in smaller print, where you can use a card. Could that be what's going on?

9. Mark Badillo

When you get that page that looks like paypal, there is an option that says "or pay with credit, debit". When I select that it loops back into the previous PayPal screen over and over. Called the front office and found out they were seeing something strange there too. Current advice was, try later or use a different browser. Hmmm.

10. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

OK. I know, not long ago Paypal updated those links. We had to update all our stuff to prevent it from doing wonky things.

11. Mark Badillo

Tried a different browser tonight, NO JOY. Cant get out of the PayPal loop to pay.

12. Mark Badillo

No worries for now Mongo, found a work around! See you at VMD.

stickboy274 likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry but Paypal is how we process all online payments. They have a lot more people involved in keeping your cc info secure than we could ever afford...

stickboy274 likes this.
  14. prudolf

prudolf Member

Considering racing VMD for the first time this season, however is registration online only, or do you still take registrations at the event as well?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We do both. Registration is in the tech garage near the fuel station.

prudolf likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay as we get closer to the event - I will be sending out an email to all pre entered riders on Tuesday. If you do not get it by Tuesday night/Wednesday morning email me and let me know, you will need either a printed or digital copy of that email to get into the track prior to 5pm Thursday.

It'll be coming from [email protected] which shouldn't go to a spam folder but check there first if it doesn't show up.

Patman623 and DesmoAndrew like this.
  17. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Is it too late to pre enter?

Crap, I just read the entry stuff and it closed yesterday.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2023
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, oddly enough we're going to leave it open like normal so you're good to pre enter another couple of days.

19. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Excellent

20. rwdfun

rwdfun

What’s the trick to getting in “easily” before 5pm. Seems like the masses are already being given entry via gate 3 by the morning of Thursday. I thought I had heard a secret that gate 2 was allowing racers in too but I’ve always been told gate 3. Last year the line started at Ross rd to even get to gate 3 entrance at noon. Any easy pass instructions would be appreciated.

Also. Do we still need to purchase a VMD gen admin ticket to get in?