1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gym membership

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Apr 3, 2023.

1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I don't think so. If he ignores it, it stays there for seven years as uncollected debt.

2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

It may show on his report, but his credit score will be back up in no time.

noles19 likes this.
  3. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

You should just declare bankruptcy now. go full scorched earth on them.

eggfooyoung, Banditracer and britx303 like this.
  4. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

This is all worry about nothing.
    You should not be talking to anybody, you be just making your self a target.

I bet plenty of people already left the place and just throw the bill in the trash.
    Then it goes to collections,and after a couple a letters that you shit can. That's it no need for a lawyer.

No need to worry about your score, that can be easily fixed.

I got some threatening letters I threw them in the trash, nothing happened.
    My score is 810

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

When facing potential legal action, going full retard is not a good solution. Your "reactions" can be used against you in small claims court. Even if they are totally understandable they paint a different picture and detract from the main point.

6. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Does the contract allow them to terminate your membership for misbehavior?

If so, openly jerking off in the sauna ought to do it. Or screaming at others in the gym for not putting away the weights, unloading the bar, etc. or just turning your anger at the world up to 11 while in the gym.

Put on a good act, and they'll be happy to terminate your contract and membership. Just need to modulate it so you don't get arrested.

Gorilla George and TurboBlew like this.
  7. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

My lawyer writes nasty letters to people for one hundred dollars. A legal letterhead is amazingly effective. Mr. Gym Douchenozzle will likely just go away if he sees that you are ready to lawyer up and go nuclear.

YamahaRick, Funkm05, Phl218 and 2 others like this.
  8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Can said attorney pen me a "gym excuse" note? :)

9. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

I am with Nigel on this. I have a local attorney (not the one we use for everything but letter writing) who has a questionable past and ties to the local bike scene here that writes letters for $100 also. I have had him do 5-6 for me and everyone of them stopped the issue in it's tracks. The hardest part is getting through the cigarette smoke and musty smell in his office. I just stop in, tell him what is happening and leave a hundred on his desk and it has been problem solved.

I had one instance that was a sideways deal on a lease that was not initiated by me but I had some equipment there with someone else and the building owner said I could not remove it because it had been hard wired in. Had a letter sent to them, the day they received it they called me to set up a time to pick up my equipment. When I went two days later they had even had their electrician unhook everything and the items were ready to load. The only thing said was that " We didn't know you would burn down our building for this stuff." I laughed and drove off.

TurboBlew, HPPT, beac83 and 1 other person like this.
  10. nigel smith

He's typical of his breed. He will do anything for a dollar. We get a volume discount due to the amount of real estate contract work he has done for us over the years.

TurboBlew likes this.
  11. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Dude, you have one of the highest credit scores available to the common person....stop worrying about the gym membership. Even if they dinged your credit, your score would drop MAYBE to the high 700's... that's not going to alter any type of financing you'd ever be chasing. Seriously....relax.

Banditracer and Gorilla George like this.
  12. Shit that is a good idea.

13. :crackup: :crackup:

14. Ok, I’ll try to chill and not worry about it. I’ll see what happens over the next month or so.

Since they don’t have my current CC info, they can’t actually take any money from me.

So it’s just a matter of if they say “fuck it”, or if they are really worried about that $840 and want a battle.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Act?????

beac83 likes this.
  16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

$100 a month for a gym?! You do know that you can run in the street for free:D

17. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

No sympathy for the poor business owner who invested his life savings in his dream business of owning a gym, and now has to deal with this shit? Jeez.

Seriously though, I would follow @gixxerboy55 advice. Don't bother doing anything. Doubtful they will take the time to turn it over to collections, and if they do, doubtful collections will even bother.

If they do put it on your credit, you can dispute it, and they usually don't fight that. Even if they do, everyone has some kind of BS on their credit these days. Wether it's stolen identity crap, someone who fat fingered a digit somewhere, medical or cell phone collections, there's always something. Creditors that are looking to lend you money generally look past that stuff if you pay your bills, which I'm sure you do.

After your back surgery I thought you weren't supposed to be lifting anyway? I guess we should be happy you can go back to the gym at all!

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Shit, I've done it for free.

19. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

My concern about other people's poor financial decisions normally goes out the window once they start treating me like shit. So no I wouldn't have any sympathy for the new owner .

Gorilla George likes this.
  20. nigel smith

Obviously, you are not fit to practice law. Good lawyers suffer actual physical and emotional anguish if compelled to perform without compensation.