1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bike dickheads…….??

Discussion in 'General' started by britx303, Dec 13, 2022.

Tags:
  1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Sometimes, but not when I do hare scrambles. I want to find a boot that’ll work well to the point I’m not drawn back to the RR boots

2. britx303

The paint job was my daughters doing when she was 12. The RT was just kinda not being used at the time, and I let her have fun with it. Now I can’t bring myself to change it……..before the real ball busting ensues :p

3. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Yeah, they don’t make the tech 8 anymore haha! Tech 10’s killed the sales. The tech 7 is a very good boot with the right amount of flexibility and protection. I’m a 10 guy though as I like the extra support and I race in the woods and when you hit a big rock or something that you don’t expect it’s nice to have the impact protection.

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Oh well. I never tried Tech 10s because when riding with Crider his squeaking noisy 10s drove me nuts

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  5. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Any fellow dickbike dirt heads attending a Dirt Wise Academy?

This will be my second attempt at making it out to an event put on by Mr. Watts.

I’m looking forward to pin balling trees, eating shit in the mud and twatting a clavicle over some logs.

6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Fine aspirations there, Plarp. :crackup:

7. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

On my Bucket List. I want to do this next summer, just for fun!!!!!

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  8. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

9. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

I've done two of these and they were a lot of fun. Great tips for a beginner that helped get me over the exhausting hump of being a novice on the trails. He's back in MI this year so I may sign up for a 3rd go round.

10. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Awesome. I’ll be at the Friday event. So, if you want to knock over my house, and/or avoid me altogether - sign up for the two day event afterwords.

If you do make it out for Friday, look for the guy riding a KTM with plate #187 and punch him in the gunt. That way, we can start off our first personal meeting in a proper Australian manner, mate!

11. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I hope to attend an American Supercamp next year myself.

Once I am recovered from my recent planned surgery, and comfortable on a dirt bike again, I am planning to get some coaching from Russell Bobbitt to help me rebuild my skills again. He is extremely flexible and offers a variety of different coaching options.
    https://www.russellbobbittracingandcoaching.com/

SpeedyE likes this.
  12. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

Cool. Thanks. I registered for sat/Sun. But that’s a little iffy because it’s overlaps the Nelson round. It’s all going to depend on how my bilateral partial knee replacement recovery goes. If I have enough range of motion to get on the race bike I’ll be at Nelson. If I only have enough for the dirt bike I’ll be at Shane Watts. Win win for me either way.

13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Gettin' there...

New.

KIMG0260.JPG

During.

KIMG0285.JPG

Now.
    Still have to get H/bars and cables, jets, chain/sprockets, folding shift lever and over-the-peg brake pedal.
    Need to re-engineer the BBR peg mount. :rolleyes: Not too fond of their seat, either. Shoulda just got a kit to mod the OEM seat.
    Suspension is still in the R&D mode. Wheels/tires on hold.

IMG_0898.jpg
    IMG_0899.jpg

britx303, Yzasserina and Sabre699 like this.
  14. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

I dig the fork boots but like stock kawi graphics for some reason... Pegs too wide? GET A BAR PAD! lol

15. fastfreddie

OEM was too frickin' green for me. ;)
    Our tracks have tons of shale...wanted to protect the forks.
    Pegs are fine, aftermarket IMS.
    The peg mount is too long on the right. It needs ~5/8"-7/8" cut out and welded back together.
    Bar pad comes when I get new bars.
    I'm not in danger of casing any triples and I wear ATGATT, or at least that's what I tell everyone.
    "Here, hold my beer." :D

pfhenry likes this.
  16. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I'm a bit prejudiced but I dig it in BLACK!!

17. fastfreddie

It looked sharp as hell in black.
    Makes me want to murder the 426...cuz it's a real killer. :crackup:

18. britx303

Sayin’ too green for a Kaw, is like sayin’ too yellah for yammi’s……..ain’t no sucha thang, chicken wang. :cool: :D

19. fastfreddie

A proper two-stroke KX is the only Kawi worthy of the green treatment.
    ...and didn't you like Sabre699's murdered RT?
    Just sayin'. :p

Sabre699 and britx303 like this.
  20. britx303

I’d love to have that RT!!! What can I say……I like odd shit:D