1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hayes to the Darkside!

Discussion in 'General' started by Peter Hively, Mar 3, 2023.

1. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

2. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Not mad.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Dude just loves to be on a bike. Respect.

ducnut and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  4. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I read the title, and wondered why he switched to car tires on the rear of the bike?
    This is much better news!

5. 418

418 Expert #59

Excellent.

Great to see AOD guys still at is after all these years as well.

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Go Josh!!

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

This is cool on every level. :up:

cortezmachine likes this.
  8. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Josh needs to shift his skull and cross bones motif to that of a bounty hunter. "Have gun, will travel" :crackup:

ToofPic, Once a Wanker.. and mpusch like this.
  9. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Will 2023 be the year AoD finally buys a quiet generator or will a GoFundMe need to be started? :Poke:

10. OldGuyOnBlu

OldGuyOnBlu Well-Known Member

I've always liked to watch Hayes and follow him. This will be interesting.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  11. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

the AOD articles in RRW written by Sam Flemming, will be even better with JH4 added into his discussion.. love reading the stuff Flemming writes. good stuff, will be even better in 2023.

Gino230, joec, yuengling910 and 5 others like this.
  12. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

They def need to step up their genny game!!!

50Joe and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  13. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Becoming a pet peeve of mine.

Seems like every 30th thread has something to do with 'How can I get my cheap-ass POS generator to run forever, and power 10 different major power draws, all at once?'

MELK-MAN likes this.
  14. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 2

Yzasserina and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I've heard their team name on and off throughout the years. Is there a write up or documentary type video (even something unprofessional dnen for youtube or something) about the team floating around? Would like to know about their history.

16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

A couple of guys from the DC/Maryland area in the early 90s had a FZR600 and decided to go WERA endurance racing. They struggled for many years but kept at it and they arrived to where they are now.

And thru the years Sam has wrote 8 million stories for RRW, read a bunch of them and you'll be up to speed.

17. 27

27 Well-Known Member

just send Sam a note…

18. 27

27 Well-Known Member

was it an fzr400 to start? Struggled? By design maybe… nobody tries that hard to strive for mediocracy only to fall short… I actually thought their issues were brought on to make it interesting to write about. I mean they had some good
    Riders, some good bikes, some of the best crew and stops, an ungodly amount of new tires, yet their all black uniforms faded to purple from all the time in the sun overcoming a new dramatic episode evently it seemed.

That was my perspective of the AOD team, who I did compete against at one offs for years and years, then the full season against their sister team Neighbor of the Beast for class championship then AOD, Velocity and Vesrah which was still one of the most fun years full of laughs and a National Chip too.

Sam, Melissa, Fischer, Pyles, Tim, and all those racers rock in my book and have made decades of fun out of the life. The best story is when he held Ben Spies to a promise he made when he was a kid who said when he won WSB that he’d take Sam and Melissa to an Italian round or something close as he did and the article was great. Wherever you are you’re all way better than the movie you’re named after. Rock on racers!

ToofPic likes this.
  19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Are they still using air tools?!? I mean nothing like making all that extra hassle to justify an air cooled diaphragm compressor run by a 30 yo Ginny with no muffler… :crackup:

20. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Weren't they the very first to punch out an fzr 400 into a 560? I think they also crashed out at Road Atlanta in an endurance race,and someone stole the crashed bike in front of all of us? Also team named after the movie Army of Darkness,and they were kinda smart/nerdy,and sweating their asses off in all black then,up until present day? Also great race reports in RRW