1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assistance need on first track bike build

Discussion in 'Tech' started by SLIMMACKEY, Mar 1, 2023.

1. SLIMMACKEY

SLIMMACKEY Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. This isnmy first track bike build and have run into an issue. I removed the headlight switch when replacing the clip ons. I then ordered the Woodcraft key elimination harness for my bike <2002 gsxr 750>. Iinstalled the harness, but it had no plug to mate to the one I disconnected the headlight switch from. I believe the clutch switch was also part of that harness, bit bow the bike wont start. What am I missing guys?

Thanks in advance!

2. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

There’s no way to delete the clutch switch on those. Put that back to the way it was and bike should start.

SLIMMACKEY likes this.
  3. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Wire it in to brake switch

4. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

The Woodcraft key delete usually has 3 plugs. One connects to the harness where the key switch was connected, the second plugs into the connector for the right side (kill switch, starter) switch, the 3rd plugs into the harness where the right side switch was originally connected. The Woodcraft harness has nothing to do with the left side headlight switch. Like JBowen said, the clutch safety switch is most likely the problem. If you remove the switch, the bike thinks the clutch is out and won't let the starter engage . Also, on a lot of the Suzukis, jumping that switch puts the ecu in a different map and the bike loses a lot of power ( the bike thinks the clutch is pulled in). Quick and easy test is plugging it back in and see if it starts. You can still remove the left side switches and keep the clutch switch in place by cutting open the left side harness and removing all the wires you don't need. Also, did you happen to remove the kickstand at the same time? The kickstand switch needs to be jumped or else the bike thinks the kickstand is down and wont start

RichMangus likes this.
  5. SLIMMACKEY

Thanks for your feedback! I did a little more research and you are correct. The clutch switch is the issue. I have another one coming this weekend. I was under the impression that the Woodcraft harness would eliminate that left hand switch as well. You guys were super helpful and I appreciate it!!!

6. SLIMMACKEY

Thanks! I gave away mine and had to find another one. Got one cheap and i'll have it this weekend. Like I responded to REGULARGUY, i was under the impression taht the woodcraft harness would eliminate. Surprise, surprise....and I ended up getting rid of my switch.