1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VD Terrifies Me

Discussion in 'General' started by gixxernaut, Feb 14, 2023.

1. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Patron Saint Valentine lived in the 17th century and handed out cinnamon hearts, and chocolates to all the single ladies around hoping to score. He died of VD on Feb 14th in the 17th century, and lonely Men, and hopelessly romantic Women celebrate that day in his honor by buying stupid shit, and propping up a multi billion dollar consumer industry.

:D, I bet that's closer to what 90% of the people that celebrate this dumb holiday believe, than what actually transpired. 17th century....go back a few.....

cha0s#242 likes this.
  2. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I'm not a believer in the forced commercial (Valentines included) holidays, but my wife loves them (and to be fair, she loves gift giving too). Luckily for me her birthday is Valentines Day so I do one birthday/Valentines day gift.

It did take years for her to finally understand that when I say "I don't want a gift"...it actually means I don't want a gift. :crackup: What she used to hear was "surprise me because I like gifts".

3. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

Making my Sweetie bacon wrapped filet's, hasselback potatoes and acorn squash. All of her (and my) favorites.

It was going to be a surprise but the residents of her office tested positive for Covid yesterday so she get's a few day's off.

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Sarcasm or
    :whoosh:?

5. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Got you beat Kelly - my anniversary is week before Xmas:D

rd400racer likes this.
  6. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

The gift serves a single purpose, flexing on the other women. It's 1a to the engagement ring's 1.

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Happy belated Independence Day for those of you that can celebrate as such :crackup::beer: :cool:

pickled egg and StaccatoFan like this.
  8. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

If you can’t spend 27 bp on your lady when you know she wants you to, you got a problem. @fastfreddie got to the bottom of a steering issue on the Vette yesterday so we’re good, mostly. FLOWERS, you know I like flowers, how fucking difficult is it? :rolleyes::p

9. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Got y'all beat...my anniversary is on my wife's birthday. Problem is I'm always away that week at a motorcycle rally. I am doomed....

rd400racer likes this.
  10. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Sorry, some of us have little or no knowledge of the backstory behind this 'tradition'.

Now, go buy some flowers, quick! :D

11. 198Rick

198Rick Member

I'm a Valentine's Day baby and just celebrated #60. Been off the hook my whole life!!

HPPT and Yzasserina like this.
  12. fastfreddie

Not sure how that has us all beat. Are you racing towards rock bottom? :D

I find myself conflicted. Yzass and I were married on my birthday. I'll never forget it, but I don't celebrate my birthday. :confused:

thunderalley3 likes this.
  13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I am assuming you had a part in that scheduling error.

14. fastfreddie

Maybe it was a quantum mechanics kinda thing or whatever. At any rate, the universse conspired to throw us together.
    "When one and one are two, but are one, which is which and who is who and what are you gonna do?" :D

In our case, it's just the way it worked out. I had an available day for some reason but was otherwise, on any other day, unavailable. I'm sure Yzass remembers why.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2023
  15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

It was as you said, you were going to school and it worked out, and you don’t celebrate your birthday. You were back on a plane later that day.

16. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

A grade school sized Valentine card and a Sweetheart candy. Just one…you’re done. Hey Mom…

17. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Yeah, it's a source of confusion/stress for me. I got her chocolates, flowers and a nice card (so like 40 bucks worth of crap). She went all out and got me Chanel cologne. Fuck me.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Is that what you normally wear or was she sending a message?

19. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

pro tip Ladies: buy all your men the same cologne...cuts down on on having to hose off in between them

Motofun352 likes this.
  20. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

She used to work at a cosmetics counter back in the day, so she's just into that stuff. I just usually wear regular non-luxury brands like Banana Republic or stuff from Costco lol

Last edited: Feb 15, 2023