1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idaho murders

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 5, 2023.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Shit, some people just stand there and watch the first person get killed before getting killed themselves. I never understood how OJ could kill two people. No offense the dead but one of them was stupid.

2. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Jesus, please tell me you've stopped racing motorcycles or doing anything else that could result in a hard impact to the head. I'm not sure you can afford another hit.

3. Maybe because he didn’t? Stop spreading false information:)

4. I assume it’s panic and they freeze up. Just like some people who carry a gun and if it ever comes time you “have to” use it they are so frozen up they can’t. I’ve only had to pull one out and be ready to use one once on my life (and hope that’s the last) and can tell you that without being somewhat calm and digesting the situation faster than the speed of sound I could see how people could freeze up. Probably depends a lot on how it all unfolded, if there was any dialogue like don’t move or your next type of thing. I could see with the two females who weren’t exactly big would make it hard for the one not getting hacked up to think they could neither fight or flight. May have also had no pathway to flight, no idea. He must have been pretty efficient though because they were all pretty quiet considering the situation that was happening. Being the engineering type ( not because I enjoy poeople getting killed) I’ll be interested in seeing how all this played out. Wonder if he knew the layout of the house? Would seem hed almost have to. Also have to remember they were all out drinking before this so probably wouldn’t be hard to sleep through a fair bit of commotion.

5. archrider

archrider Active Member

In the Arts building at the college I attended, there is a room of just photos of inmates who had life sentences or on death row, each and everyone who was released upon new evidence that either completely exonerated them or lead them to the correct suspect. The mentality above is how you get the "west memphis three" scenarios.

6. I’m well versed in a lot of the bigger name serial killers, lots of books and documentaries on how they did it, how shrinks think they are wired etc so I have went down that rabbit hole for years and years. I guess the main difference is I did not envy them but fascinated on why they were all wired so different. I do a lot of hunting and always feel “something” when I stop an animals beating heart, even a damn squirrel. It’s part of being a compassionate human but I don’t get “sad” about it. It’s just part of natures lifecycle to me, that being said one thing that a lot of those serial killers had in common was the ability to de-humanize their victims. That was my biggest take away from a few of them, others like BTK got off on ending the life of a human. A lot of his second victims at one place froze up so much it “made his job easy”.

7. All depends how much money he has to spend on a defense. Not getting political here but this is where money comes into play how how good your defense team is, OJ is the perfect example. Think it was Chris Rock who said it wasn’t about race it was about money and that’s very true. Even in my little town I can tell you there are two go to people in town, one for criminal and one for civil. Both have a lot of connections and great teams of people in their firms, the criminal guy will find a way to get you out of a DUI (in most cases assuming you didn’t mow someone down on camera drunk ). if you spend enough money and don’t want a plea deal. He has a shit ton of PI’s, forensic advisors, etc he will pay and they will find some little thing to either place doubt or invalidate the arrest etc. Not sure how some of them sleep at night knowing damn well person is guilty as hell you are just finding some detail that had no real bearing on the crime and set a guilty person free. And yes I know it’s the justice system.

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That's twice. Pretty sure I didn't single anyone out in that comment. Here's another one to remember...
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.

StaccatoFan and Used2befast like this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Just to be clear, I wasn't blaming the Idaho victims. Drunk and sleep, you almost have no chance. I was saying that one of the OJ victims should have run.

10. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

There is some truth to de-humanizing...and the need for the feeling they get when they take a life. Hopefully, this guy is stopped...I am not an investigator of these crimes and hate even watching the shows on TV but how does everyone not wonder why this guy was wandering around at all hours of the night. Nothing good happens after 2am. Imo

11. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

I wonder how many people are killed by violent crime recidivists or those that obviously posed a serious threat prior to the crime.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I’d say enough because you’re asking the question.

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I don't know man. I don't remember these specifics of the case, or if there even were any concerning the original confrontation, but if OJ did infact confront both of them, together, and then grabbed her, I could see Ron trying to help. Those two together aren't going to stop someone the size of OJ. Ron takes a stab to the gut, becomes incapacitated and then he gets to work on Nichole before finishing Ron off too.

14. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

I think this was a crime of passion...Idaho murders were not.

15. eggfooyoung

As far as people panic freezing, I read one report yesterday that said one of the roommates heard everything, op ned her door, supposedly saw someone in all black wearing a mask walking towards her, and then closed and locked her door and went back to sleep.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's why one of them needed to run. Neither one was going to save the other.

I could see Nicole staying if Ron was attacked first. Either trying to help because she felt she was the reason he was attacked, or thinking she could reason OJ and save her own life. If she was attacked first and he stayed, he was a damn fool. It wasn't his fight.

17. eggfooyoung

Agreed, but not what he was talking about or what I responded to.

It'll be interesting to find out his motive, if we ever do.

I feel so bad for their parents.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think enough alcohol can do that to someone's judgment.

R Acree and eggfooyoung like this.
  19. eggfooyoung

You're not wrong, and I'm not disagreeing. But I can certainly see how it could happen in a matter seconds before either of them really realized flight was their best bet.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And possibly other substances.