1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cortech Suits?

Discussion in 'General' started by Alwaysboard17, Jan 3, 2023.

1. Alwaysboard17

Alwaysboard17 Member

So I just bought the Apex V1 for $399 new on SBG. I know it’s cheap and you get what you pay for but it will be my first track day this spring and I’m kinda on a budget. I see RST which was my first choice until i saw the V1 on sale for $399. Anyone have experience with them? Was it even worth buying? Any help is appreciated. Here is a photo of the website. A861C12C-7C11-470A-BCB5-D3BCA699C4DA.jpeg

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

I can't speak to their suits, but I had their gloves and it was one of my faves. I also when started used their jacket and it was fine. I'm sure that it will work ok for your needs. Important thing is fit.

ducnut likes this.
  3. Alwaysboard17

Alwaysboard17 Member

Fair enough. Thanks for the reply!

BigBird likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

also don't forget a back and chest protector and/or a air-vest

Alwaysboard17 and ducnut like this.
  5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

What size are you looking at?

6. Alwaysboard17

Alwaysboard17 Member

Well I’m 6’3 and 200lbs. So everything I read says 56ish. But I’ve never had one on but the singe track day I did 10 years ago and rented a suit

ducnut likes this.
  7. CLM81

CLM81 Well-Known Member

I have had Cortech gloves, boots and leathers. Gloves where good especially for the cost. I keep them for backups. Boots- same as gloves except they broke the ankle support in a crash. Leathers- didnt fit right but that was probably me not getting the right size and being in a rush so wasnt able to send them back. I sold them to help pay for the new set of 4SR leathers I got last year. I have also seen them not hold up real good in a crash which helped me make the decision to replace them

Alwaysboard17 likes this.
  8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I have a never-worn RST, but, it’s going to be too generous in sizing. Haha.

9. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

It'll serve you well. It's a one-piece suit, leather, and will save your hide. Like someone else mentioned, get a chest protector and back protector and go have fun.

I've been riding in a Sedici (Cycle Gear brand) suit for 5 yrs now, through many offs, and the suit has done its job. I really like their gloves too. I keep their boots as a spare now and have Alpine* Spertechs as my primary. I'd bet Cortech, Sedici, Joe Rocket, RST/STG are probably all on par with each other as entry level suits.

Alwaysboard17 and BigBird like this.
  10. Alwaysboard17

Alwaysboard17 Member

Thanks!!!