1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any other silver investors here?

Discussion in 'General' started by auminer, Dec 13, 2022.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

If the SHTF you best have seeds to garden with.
    Use the shiny metals and the polished stones to line the garden.

cortezmachine and Dan Dubeau like this.
  2. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

In the current envoronment, lack of any short term low risk choices in my 401k cost me 20%.

Its like the 401k managers arent interested in anything if it doesnt get them power on a board of directors

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I remember wanting to buy silver/gold back in the later 80’s. My best friends dad was a banker and told me he didn’t recommend it.

4. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Seeds, fertile ground to plant them in. Clean fresh water, and something to protect it all.

Although silver is supposedly good for preserving milk.

Sabre699 likes this.
  5. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

We’re buying a farmable property with water rights in southern Utah specifically as a bugout and self sustaining property near a small town with a religious family oriented underpinning. Mt pleasant is off the nuclear fallout areas and it’s only about 50 to 100 K for multi acre property

Last edited: Dec 14, 2022
  6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Mt. Pleasant is a long way from southern UT. Nice area though, too bad it started blowing up with the latest influx of people.

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Silver was the Lone Ranger's horse. :D

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

And Kemosabe is Navajo for "horse' ass".

9. OldGuyOnBlu

OldGuyOnBlu Well-Known Member

Anyone else interested in silver remember the Hunt brothers?

10. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Not interested in silver, but I did miss ID them earlier.

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I don't have any silver but I do remember that going down.

12. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

it has 3735 people as of the last census. So what did it blow up to an even 4k? I live in a city with 4 million people. 11 million in the county. I can handle 4k :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I own a chunk of land just up the road ten minutes in Indianola. That whole stretch of 89 down through Snow College/Ephraim and into Manti is vastly different than it was even ten years ago. An influx of just a thousand people can completely change the feel of those small towns, and to say the people of Moroni/Mt. Pleasant aren't happy about the influx is to put it mildly.

14. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

The properties we’re looking at are just outside of town. I’m planning to build a small subsistence farm with a bunker and multiple tiny houses for loved ones above ground that are completely self sustaining. I want to put a solar powered workshop/machine shop on it as well so I can still build shit if things go tits up. Solar only lasts 25 years though so I plan on burying plastic wrapped panels and batteries in case I do have to think about long term homesteading. The reason I want a workshop is so I can still be useful to the town and therefore they would have to check their animosity toward an outsider.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2022
  15. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Locust

pickled egg likes this.
  16. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Ok? Elaborate

17. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

upload_2022-12-15_22-17-2.png

18. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Just tell the locals that your name is Jonathan Livingston. They'll love you.

20. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I was thinking Smith. Has a ring to it. Christopher Smith, pleasure to meetchya!