1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Anyone Like Black Friday?

Discussion in 'General' started by gixxernaut, Nov 1, 2022.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

No way I'm getting trampled by Granny and her cane to save a few bucks.

2. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

no, not at all. i am saying some solutions that doesn't require op to move and drastically alter his life

3. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Black Friday. I like that band

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

He could cancel cable and sell his TV. Depending on his level of addiction, this could drastically alter his life, too.
    Hell, get rid of the cell phone while he's at it. Now we're talkin' livin' more by one's own agenda and curriculum vitae. ;)

I was just tryin' to say that what they're sellin' ain't necessary to be content and, more often than not, their products are the cause of our angst. Get away from those marketing venues and their products are nonexistent.

henry_carlson likes this.
  5. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Remember 20yrs ago when flat panel wall mount TVs were 5k at Christmas time ?

Now you get them free with a mattress purchase.

The only thing I've seen with marketing harder than black Friday were pharmaceutical injections 2 years ago that you paid for whether you took them or not.

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I hate it, because my wife and kids love it.

7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Thats the day Im usually at the Turkey Rod Run as with 10s of thousands of other motorheads.

chobes and BigBird like this.
  8. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Is there an event remotely similar for motorcycles, with a swap meet full of hard-to-find parts?

TurboBlew likes this.
  9. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

I would prefer “Big Fucking Sale”, but I don’t think that would pass muster. Anyway, HF has some sawhorses on sale, so I’ll probably get those.

10. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

For the last few years, deals have been a huge deception. So it's mostly a nuisance now.

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

yes the Barber Vintage fest

chobes likes this.
  12. fastfreddie

I picked up a Black Friday deal early.

KIMG0260.JPG

13. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

You have a tree inside your garage?

14. fastfreddie

It's what happens when we leave the door cracked this time of year.

BigBird likes this.
  15. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Depending on what I'm working on next year, might have to make the drive up.

16. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Even worse is Black Friday now lasts a frigging month. Been seeing adds for Black Friday for last two weeks now. Went from one day, to cyber Monday and Black Friday to Black Friday week and cyber Monday week….soon it’ll be “please for the love of god keep spending money….” Sale. Then the finale….the “going out of business” sale, in perpetuity.

17. Kneedragger34

Kneedragger34 Member

The crap you don't buy is 100% off.

cha0s#242 and Banditracer like this.
  18. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Ditto. It has become a tradition around here. Last year after the Covid drought, the crowd was so bad last year that I couldn't get in the track (in any reasonable time), so had to turn around (after sitting on the road at the end of the airport runway for about an hour). This year I have "top secret plans" to avoid this situation, unless the weather turns crappy, so hoping to be there this year.

19. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

I like it more now that I can get the deals online and they show up on a truck in a couple of days. As far as going to the store to get one of the deals, no f'in way

20. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

It depends what you’re looking for. For electronics, this is definitely the best time to buy. I’ve been wanting a new TV, drone for the little one, etc and the prices this week are the best I’ve seen all year.