1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's a question for the FIA. They need to tell us what exactly does things are. They don't count as pole position, they don't count as a race win. Why do we have them? I mean, other than money…As far as I'm concerned, they can do away with sprint races. I would not shed a tear. I have plenty of other racing to watch.

DrA5 and Yzasserina like this.
  2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

But, I like them.

rice r0cket likes this.
  3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I didn't even know there was a sprint race yesterday till I came here, then I noticed my DVR caught it.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

5. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

How soon we forget that Sergio played a big part in Max getting close to Lewis last year in the final race at Abu Dhabi. If it was for Sergio and race direction, he would have been given the title last year.

Yzasserina and Nathey like this.
  6. rwdfun

rwdfun

Sweet win for Russel. Have Mercedes figured things out or was it the track fitting them?

Max being Max. He’s really becoming a prima donna hypocrite. But I doubt the Hamilton haters will ever see him that way. Sadly Red Bull and Horner don’t have the balls to put him in his place.

Can’t wait until he’s begging for a top car and happy with top 5s in a car that isn’t all that great. Many of the once greats end up there at some point. See Vettel and Alonso. Or he’ll quit and say he accomplished everything he wanted to. Either way. I’m good with him not being considered the GOAT

7. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

BECOMING a prima donna?? Have you been watching F1 the last 6 years?

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  8. MrGooch

MrGooch Well-Known Member

Yes, to me this was just Max returning to his usual form. He had shook it for most of the season but here it comes roaring right back.

9. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

My god they're all such a bunch of whiny, weepy, self serving twats. Those radio calls were pathetic...

cpettit likes this.
  10. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

You watch w/ your blinders on? Perez got a radio call to let him through with 3 laps to go to catch Flonso (which he failed at).

In return, Max fucked Checo out of a points lead going into the final race for 2nd for WDC, all for a 6th place finish.

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I do sometimes. Today I had my dvr in second gear to get to the finish, but I did hear Max tell his crew he's not doing that, and we've talked about this earlier in the season. I find it refreshing to hear someone with some balls and not be a puppet. Being world champion helps .

12. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Why do you find his egomania desirable? If he's already won WDC, what does he gain by stripping his teammate of 2nd in the WDC?

Even Max himself said any of half a dozen drivers could be WDC given the right car. He is a no doubt a talented driver, but he is not irreplaceable.

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

He's no more of an egomaniac than many others that have that title. Max is an ass, but he earned it.
    I've said the same thing Max said, for years. It's the car. These guys are the top 01% of pro drivers on the planet, you could put any one of them in the current best car and they will win....look at the MB team. Lewis is the goat....but his rookie driver has outperformed him this year.

14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I wish we had more winners, to see their personality come out, but we are stuck with 3 dominant teams.

15. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

The call for Max to let Checo through came during the last lap in the broadcast. You can check at 1:46:20 on the F1 tv broadcast (now I have no idea when it actually came through) at that point in time Max was 3.501 ahead. He was according to the tracker entering the 13th corner .788 behind Alonso. That gave him two corners to pass him or slow down enough to let Checo make up the 3.5 second difference. I think he would have ended up with a penalty if he had slowed on the track that much. Wish Checo could have stayed closer but that's racing.

Razr likes this.
  16. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Really more disappointed in Le Clerc, Max was his normal douche self. Cheers to George. Sorry to see two of the nicer guys wreck out esrly.

17. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Thank you, I was thinking the exact same thing. 3+ seconds behind, imagine what might have happened if he slowed that much to let Checo pass. I'm no fanboi of any F1 driver currently so I could care less, I simply enjoy the spectacle. If you want to get around, get on your horse and move it up there.

18. Letitsnow

Letitsnow Well-Known Member

I could be way off base here - but I suspect that Mercedes relied on Hamilton's experience/talent to fix their fucked up car, while allowing Russell to let r rip all year.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wasn't it Barrichello (or perhaps Massa?) who once angrily parked his car just short of the finish line to let your idol Schumacher catch up and win a race?

ungwaha likes this.
  20. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Different times. And upon google investigation, they gave Barrichello a couple of wins that way too.