1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big snake got grandma

Discussion in 'General' started by Banditracer, Oct 26, 2022.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

To hell with legal. A visqueen tent and a bottle of nitrogen. They can take my corpse to court if they want.

2. Greg ZX6R

Greg ZX6R Well-Known Member

I just had a "Galaxy Quest" flashback when you mentioned "historical document".

Yzasserina and rd400racer like this.
  3. This. 100%.

I have always thought that should be a personal choice someone could make, without being defaulted by Life Insurance for committing suicide, and with no bad stigma whatsoever.

Everyone (within reason) should be able to decide how and when they leave this world, with no repercussions.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

tis the holiday season, go for it.

We shall name the python Monty.

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

If you have Alzheimer's you won't know when that time comes. There is a new drug that they have a lot of hope will soon change the Alz diagnoses.

BigBird and Boman Forklift like this.
  6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I have an interesting current article on this very subject but it could be considered political so I'll post it on the other forum.

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

It isn't much fun watching the strongest person you've ever know wither away to nothing just because "there's nothing we can do"... even no nutrition for the last 3 weeks. Me and one of my brother made a pact the instant our father passed that if we are ever in that situation to use a pillow. I hope he remember that!

Boman Forklift likes this.
  8. In Your Corner

Nice snake.

9. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Yeah, my mother in law got to the point that she wasn't eating; my wife's family opted for a feeding tube and she hung around for a few more months. I remember speaking to my own Mom about it, and she said that if that happened to her, then no tubes. And damned it it didn't happen exactly that way...Alzheimer's, forgot how eat/chew/swallow, and no feeding tube.

Razr likes this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Have a backup plan. And a backup to the backup. Don't ask how I know.

BigBird and Razr like this.
  11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Three words...Advanced Healthcare Directive. Spell it out and make sure family knows where it is. Been through this shit way too much the last few years.

BigBird, Boman Forklift, Razr and 2 others like this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Mine is all filled out. I still don't trust anybody.

R Acree likes this.
  13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

There's not much else you can do.

14. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Move to Oregon (or many countries in Europe) with some legal means of euthanasia, or plan to take matters into your own control (not always executable). <pun intended>

15. In Your Corner

Canada has a large euthanasia program so no need to go to Europe. They off about 30 people per day at present.

16. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

My mother's losing it, I don't know if it's Alzheimer's or dementia, don't know the difference really. She doesn't remember 5 minutes ago, tells us the same thing every 5 minutes, asks the same questions every day about stuff that's been the same for years. I know my dad gets very frustrated dealing with it.

17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Didn't Vermont make it legal a few years ago ?

18. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Hire your own hitman?

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That would be one way to one way to run out of money and breath at the same time.

20. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member