1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how embarrassing...

Discussion in 'General' started by Tristan, Oct 3, 2022.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

And what was has no relevance to what is.
    My Dad always used to tell me how cheap things were at the Post Exchange when he was in the Army circa 1961. Which was no longer the case in my Air Force time. He said I was full of shit.

So home on leave I took him to the Exchange at Ellsworth and let him see 1992 present reality.

Wake up. The dream is over.

And I’ll repeat, nobody here is advocating a F350 as a daily driver. That’s not what the point is about.

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Yeah and even amongst Soob people there are the “other guys”…………the WRX types:D……….always wanted one:p

TurboBlew likes this.
  3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

NO! Inside the cab only!!! And for a 14 hour drive!!!:D

TurboBlew and rd400racer like this.
  4. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I said nothing about an F350. Just stating my opinion/preference. Your statements about truck prices has no relevance because you arbitrarily introduced factors that were not part of my decision making process. And talking about prices at the PX isn't the point either.

5. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

250/350 = Super Duty. Whatever the fuck makes you happy.

The Exchange point is relevant in that what you paid has no relevance to what you WOULD pay for the same like and kind truck no matter what you buy today.

You wouldn’t see a point if it was the Washington Monument apparently.

6. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Not sure what axe you're trying to grind here, but you go ahead and have a nice day.

7. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

The most embarrassing thing I see in this thread is grown men using the word "prolly". :)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
  8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

ONOZ

cav115, Rico888 and Gorilla George like this.
  9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Maybe you can get a Hyundai Santa Cruz and spare the carpet munch?

EAE6D01E-0AD0-44E4-BE85-899D9D3F8D3C.jpeg
    [​IMG]

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

those are going for an ridiculous amount of markup.

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Doesn’t surprise me.

I did stop by the Ford dealer over the weekend to look at the similar new Maverick. They had 2 hybrids in stock. Both stickered with some options at 28k, but had an additional dealer markup of 10k.

Wouldn’t even allow a test drive, and that’s probably good, because I don’t need to be tempted to buy a better parts truck.

BigBird likes this.
  12. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I don't see any markup on the Santa Cruz out this way. I took one for a drive just for fun when I had my wife's Tucson in for service a couple weeks ago.

Boman Forklift and BigBird like this.
  13. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I'm putting my Titan up for sale after this weekend and the only two vehicles I'm interested in are the Maverick and Ridgeline. I've driven the Ridgeline but only looked over a Maverick. I plan to retire within 18 months and the first thing I'm doing is heading out west with whatever truck I get and my bike on a Kendon. Maverick for gas mileage and Ridgeline simply because it's a hell of a lot nicer than a Maverick. But I refuse to pay over sticker. When I tested the Ridgeline about 9 months ago they wanted $3K over list for "low inventory". I can wait.

Boman Forklift and BigBird like this.
  14. egomezent

egomezent Well-Known Member

Are you able to fit a sport bike in the 6’9” bed with the tailgate closed?

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

one's a honda #enoughsaid

969 and rd400racer like this.
  16. The thing is, if you actually don't need a true truck truck, I can see that thing being handy.

I can see it now...

Make it 2" lower and 3-4" wider (so it has the ride height and stance of a sporty Crossover), make it rear-biased all-wheel drive, give it wider axles and wider 22" wheels, some bigass brakes, throw in an Adaptive Air Suspension, and toss a 650hp Twin-Turbo V8 in it. Then have a power-retractable bed cover on it.

You have something fast, fun to drive, capable of carrying 4-5 people with an enclosed boot for carrying luggage and shit, or you retract the bed cover and you have a little bed for hauling dirty shit that you dont want to put inside the car.

I would drive the shit out of that.

17. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I cannot tell you how many times I hauled lumber in my Mazda3 after I bought my house and didn't have a truck for a year or so.

18. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm 62 and typically keep a car for 15 years. That means there's a good chance the next newish vehicle I buy could very well be my last. Might as well get what I really want.

19. [​IMG]

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I bought a Honda once.

Once.

That 3.5l motor is a nice plant, and if you’re buying new you’re golden.

If you’re buying used, watch out for top end oil starvation problems. Two new used cylinder heads later, mine is running smoothly and quietly. :mad:

Once a Wanker.. likes this.