1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hog Hunting - Texas

Discussion in 'General' started by Hyperdyne, Jan 20, 2015.

1. sdg

sdg *

2400$ it says but Jesus. I know some adrenaline junkies but an 800 pound boar? Holy fuck fuckers

Phl218 likes this.
  2. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Those big ones are usually domestic hogs turned feral or some sort of human intervention to get that big.
    Still a monster though

3. kangasj

kangasj Banned

4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Remember when somewhat deranged Putin was riding a horse bare chested?

Well, never mind.....

5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Showing off that fresh Teflon coating???:crackup:

Bugslayer, R1M370 and Banditracer like this.
  6. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Dude must have some serious dirt on the Mongo. :rolleyes:

Bugslayer, Banditracer and britx303 like this.
  8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Meh, seems to be a matter of perspective.

You guys keeps repeatedly talking here on how those flowers stink without ever batting an eye, but if someone else mentions that those dogs might be a bit dumb; well then your peepee starts coiling up for some reason.... :D

9. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Nope. I enjoy the banter:D No peepee coiling for me……….HEY it’s getting chilly in the mornings now!!!!:p

10. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Yes, those tannerite guys were later diagnosed to be sadistic sociopaths/psychopaths....

11. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Why did you kill that dog, good sir?

12. Arioch

Arioch Member

Rangercreekranch.com.

I would go bigger than .223 though. Yes, a .223 will work, but you need a perfect behind the ear shot. 12 gauge is ok , but you will miss out on long shot opportunities. Think .308 or bigger.

13. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Are you guys processing the whole animal by yourselves? Or do you take it to a butcher? I have eaten something from each pig I got last couple years. Backstraps are the easiest, I liked the hams (hind quarters) the best though. Traeger for the backstrap, slow cooker with lots of bbq sauce and spices for the hams.

14. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Depends on when you shoot them.. Honestly, the young ones are the best. Once they reach maturity they tend to have a very strong aftertaste that is quite literally like urine. In general, sow piglets are the best. Overall though, the majority of people are hunting them as nuisance animals and let the coyotes and the buzzards take care of the rest.

15. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

The ones we eat are like 60-75lb sows.

16. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

ive hunted hogs in texas and california. since at the time i lived in california, i just field dressed them, then quartered them out and took them to a butcher myself. mostly made sausage out of the big ones so we could add flavor. the texas trip was paid for by a vendor, who took all the pigs to a butcher and the meat was sent out to cali in a cooler with dry ice. they made sausage, salami, summer sausage, hams, etc. cant remember the name of the ranch unfortunately. sout of san antonio, about an hour and a half drive.

17. It’s on my list of things to do. We were just talking about this ,ast weekend with some buddies, keep saying we are going to do it but always get busy. I don’t care if it’s a year out we just need to book it. I budgeted $5750 and my air and rental car will be free.

18. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

1 its a coyote, not a dog, 2 they are a non-native invasive species, 3 their population in SC is out of control, 4 she shouldn't have tried to mess with a pack of hog dogs, 5 us killing her was the least brutal outcome that could have occurred after she tried to attack our hog dogs and then took chase after her. 6 anymore dumb questions?

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Not @SpeedyE here, but I have a "dumb question"...

Why the need to pose with her carcass like some micro-penis Billy Badass when you shot her from far out of her reach as if that was some manhood affirming accomplishment, rather than killing her with your bare hands or, at best, up close and personal with a knife?

20. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

We did kill her with a knife. Want pictures of it also? I say we because there was 3 of us, 2 stabbing her in her heart and 1 getting the dogs off her.

Bugslayer likes this.