1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Precisely..

2. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Paper form 4s at my shop have been averaging a year from check cash and just recently closer to 13 months. I called today about a customer that has just hit 15 months. I explained it’s a few months out from our average and they dug a little deeper. None of the e forms have come back yet with the oldest being 7 months but that I expected.
    Competition rifles I install brakes. Most of the rest get cans because I truly hate wearing hearing protection although many still wear them with suppressors.

Triple X likes this.
  3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

OMFG...just got the call- going to pick up my can later today! Papers put in 8/5/21

Neily, wera313, gt#179 and 4 others like this.
  4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Shotguns still suck for HD :Poke:

5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I kind of agree regarding pistols. Just never been my thing. Same with shotguns, primarily because shotty suppressors just look so obnoxious. Love em on rifles though. Completely changes the character of the gun for the better.

6. This redneck dude at my gym has on a shirt that just says “I WISH A KAREN WOULD…”

:crackup:

Steeltoe and britx303 like this.
  7. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Yeah for the pistol I bought it more of a gimmick but now after shooting it.. I see it's better than I thought it'd be. I like the recoil too.. but with or without the bullets still go to the same place. The balance on the fn9 plus suppressor is surprisingly good. I've spent wayyyy too much on balancing my rifles so I'm sensitive to it but understand your point.

I don't put a suppressor on anything over a 22" barrel so. At that point I just put on a head set... which I wear anyway. I gotta save my hearing... They've taken abuse growing up with racing, concerts, and guns.

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. Steak Travis

Yeah it seems like the people that papered filed right before the switch are getting hosed and the E files are taking longer and longer. My brother just got his back in 108 days E filing but his always come back fast. I'm at 86 days on my omega 9

9. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Like I said , absolutely no appeal to me in a pistol platform. In a rifle I would normally not have one under 20-22 inch barrel at any rate and a long extension off that big makes zero sense to me. No point right now anyway, I’m all in on 1872-85 rifles using black powder. If I ever buy a modern rifle again it will be a Nemo Omen .300 Win Mag.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
    Steak Travis likes this.
  10. Steak Travis

I got my hawken black powder gun dialed in at the end of the season last year. Hoping to use it some hunting this year . That is some fun stuff

lizard84 likes this.
  11. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I have always hunted deer with only a bow but last year a friend had a property that they just needed to clear off about 20 does. So I dialed in a cva and it really did the job. I’m not converted but I also put together a 350 legend with a can to appease MD law so I’ll be ready if quantity comes back into play.

britx303 likes this.
  12. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

13. Chango

Chango Something clever!

You'll want to be careful to avoid overpenetration with those.

14. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Nah, they're too small.

15. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

It's not the size that matters, it's how you use it!

16. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Ballistics. So. Much. Want. To. Joke. About.;):D

17. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Next thing, you guys are going to start talking about penetration.

18. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Dude... like 4 posts above yours

19. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I shoot the uncircumcised version. They act more like a hollow point.

20. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

A coworker did a 450 bushmaster AR for our SWC hunting. Once I saw the prices for that round I knew it wasn’t for me. I keep thinking about a 350 legend though…….or at least an upper assembly. Deer season coming up quick and they’re all over my corn right now, so maybe for next year for the 350