1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flatrock Motorsports Park

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Jul 19, 2022.

1. drop

drop Well-Known Member

It's happening. The company that built COTA is building this one also. Different owners.

Flatrock Motorsports Park on Facebook. Fim approved. Will be able to host MotoGP, Motoamerica and club races. The track layouts are on there Facebook page. I know a couple people that have some insider info. Located outside Knoxville about 45 minutes.

This news article was a bit back. The Facebook page shows the videos of construction.
    http://1057news.com/2021/11/08/flatrock-usa-motorsports-closes-on-773-acre-site-along-i40-at-westel/

henry_carlson and Itey like this.
  2. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Pic one

Attached Files:

3. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Another Tilke designed track?

4. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Pic 2

Attached Files:

5. Robin172

Configuration C doesn't look right, the Club track looks shorter than the National track but the numbers say otherwise.

6. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

It’s not April 1, don’t tease me like this.

7. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Hopefully they do a better job laying the foundation for the track surface then they did for COTA.

ClemsonsR6 likes this.
  8. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Damn, 12 hours from me. That's a bit too far unfortunately. Can't wait to see the videos!

9. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Hopefully they build it with motorcycle safety in mind. Doubtful... not holding my breath

10. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Did you go look and read where it said it will be fim approved. That gp, superbikes, and club racing, would be safe?

11. prm

prm Well-Known Member

That’s cool!
    Where does it state that? I looked on their FB page but could not find many details.

12. Robin172

Track D configuration - MotoGP/Superbikes.

13. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Thanks. I did not see that.

drop likes this.
  14. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Thanks. I missed that other pic. Counterclockwise I see. Must be Marquez fans!

15. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Thats a reason to boycot it already!!

MachineR1 and G 97 like this.
  16. G 97

G 97 Garth

The issue with COTA is not necessarily the laying of the foundation but rather the entire soil sub structure itself. Basically no amount of laying in a foundation would change this. The track was built on suspect ground to begin with.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  17. DJ Baker

DJ Baker Well-Known Member

At first glance I thought someone might have bought this place that I grew up across the street from.
    upload_2022-7-20_15-14-33.png

Nick_OMC likes this.
  18. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Dang, I was gonna post up with some BS about how I won't believe it until they break ground, but their facegores page has a video of all the earth-moving going on. Maybe this one will really happen.

kd in pc likes this.
  19. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Same. My brother ran a street stock there for a few years.

20. superdino

superdino Naturally aspirated twin-turbo

"This 66-acre, dog-friendly green space offers a picnic pavilion, walking paths & a large playground.
    55 Highland Golf Dr, Flat Rock, NC 28731"

No thanks