1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2006 Yamaha R1 LE With 6 Miles - What Will It Go For?

Discussion in 'General' started by YamahaRick, Jul 16, 2022.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep can’t blame them. I know I would do the same if I could with some KZ, LTD and GPZ Kawasaki s if I could.

On the opposite side of the spectrum concerning values, antique tractors values have plummeted driven by the simple dynamics of supply and demand. As more old timers pass away, more antique tractors and equipment hit the auctions - increasing supply while also decreasing demand as one more old timer is laid to rest. More equipment, less buyers. Unless you have a unicorn some nice tractors that were bringing $20,000 are now close to scrap prices.

Same thing is going to happen to muscle cars as the next generation has zero attachment to them. Sadly I’ll be at the age with those being laid to rest at the time it happens. LOL

2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I want a 1952 8N tractor, and have absolutely no use for it. Maybe some day I'll find a nice one for pennies.

G 97 likes this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

New rubber. LOL
    82F746E2-EA53-4B90-AE93-88D4EFC8F72E.jpeg A947B3C0-C659-4896-9400-92BB44A13C00.jpeg

evakat likes this.
  4. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

I ran across a dealer online that claimed to have a R1-LE still new in the crate and they were asing $32,000

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I like the black one better.

6. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

I saw one still in the crate Saturday afternoon. Beside of a RC51 Nicky edition.

Me: So Vance, whatcha ever gonna do with these ....
    Vance: Hellifino.... I guess just keep 'em so folks like you ask that same question....

Lawdog78 likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That'd be Devin, he races too.

8. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

G 97 likes this.
  9. Rugbydad

Rugbydad Tiny Member

Random tech question for those in the know....
    I see this R1 for sale has Marchesini rims. My 05 R1 did not come with Marchesini. Can I upgrade my R1 to Marchesini and still qualify for SuperSport? Technically, since this bike is being sold as 100% stock, Marchesini rims can be considered a stock option on this year and model R1. Or because my specific model didn't come stock with Marchesini, would upgrading the rims disqualify me for SuperSport?

10. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Pretty much this.

Because they weren't homologated to your R1's vin, logic would tell me no.

TurboBlew likes this.
  11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

No "options" in Superstock since its a limited edition higher spec model (ohlins & marchesinis) & it doesnt meet the 1000 unit threshold.
    So rules wise SB or F1 only. That said... someone could protest in Superstock visually & you'd lose. Would someone bother... who knows??

12. Rugbydad

Rugbydad Tiny Member

I could see someone having butthert because their brand new bike got beat by a trusty old 2005. :crackup:

TurboBlew likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Per the rulebook in the Superstock specific rules - "Legality will be determined based upon manufacturers’ specifications (or comparison of similar OEM parts) for the year, model and make of the machine entered."

14. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Here's another one you may not have heard then: "If you sit down at the table and don't know who the mark is, you're the mark."

E Reed likes this.
  15. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Its yellow and owned by someone who thinks these things go up in value. So my guess is it doesn't hit reserve price.

Rugbydad likes this.
  16. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Speaking of the BaT. My brother just picked up this 99 Suzuki 750. Nearly showroom condition, all original, un cut with only 7kmiles. The front blinkers are missing but he's ordering new ones. Hard to find any 20 year old bike in this condition. I told him to look for a different bike as a daily rider and sell off this one.
    What do think it could reasonably sell for? I expect 10-12k?

Attached Files:

17. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Tell him to keep it and ride it....then when the fuel pump dies, I can sell him a NOS pump :)

TurboBlew and YamahaRick like this.
  18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep they are awesome little chore tractors. The one above of my Dad's is a model year 1970 I believe.

19. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Whats funny... at the club level just about ANY liter bike from the past 20 years should be competitive in a superstock engine configuration. That year vintage (2005) GSXR, ZX10, & R1 were all north of 155hp, at the rear tire, bone stock. The Honders not so much.

20. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Looks to me like he was elaborating further on his original post. Apparently he doesn't know how to edit because they were 10 minutes apart, well within the 30 minute window.
    @Raceless man read the operators manual!!!

Razr and G 97 like this.