1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB 2018 & up Kawasaki 400 Ninja track bike

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by Kid a, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Kid a

Kid a Well-Known Member

Looking for a Ninja 400 track bike. I do not need it to be street titled, just looking for one without too many miles on it and ready for track duty ideally. I'll take a street bike if I have to, but for the right price, not dealership pricing.

Trying to stay within $3000-$4000 for the right bike, within reasonable distance to Chicago.

So far bikes listed on this site are either overpriced or have so much work put into them they aren't what I'm after. Doesn't need to be pristine. Straight frame & suspension, and mechanically sound engine is all I'm after. I see people asking more for their salvage title track bikes then a 2022 off the showroom with zero miles. $4000 is my ceiling for a 400, ideally less for a bone stock one with fairings on it. Trying to avoid the hassle of selling all the street parts off of one if I can. I know you can buy them for around $4000-$4200 in good shape with street titles, even from dealerships. I know because I've been looking. Also willing to entertain paying a broker fee for someone that can buy salvage/auction bikes in Illinois. Seems to be a hassle if you don't have a broker license here.

Let me know what you've got & what you want for it.

Thanks!

2. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

DM sent.

3. Kawi0813

Kawi0813 Member

Dm sent

4. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

5. Chand

Chand Well-Known Member

I have one for 8K

6. Kid a

Kid a Well-Known Member

This thread is old. I bought a 2021 theft recovery with 500 miles on it from auction for $1800.

I put $600 andreani fork cartridges in it, a $75 2013 GSXR 600 rear shock and it's on rails for track day pace.

Going to start playing with the power and build it to a little sbk spec track toy. I think even with the Norton fairings, $2500 into the engine, $1000 into full Woolich Racing tuning tools will still be at our under $7000

But that's doing everything myself including dyno tuning.

Shenanigans and Kawi0813 like this.
  7. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

NICE!

Both our Ninjas run the Andreani cartridges and GSXR shock. That setup will definitely get you on a WERA podium.

If going SBK I'd advise velocity stacks, full exhaust and a tune. That will get you above other racing 400's that are playing by stock rules.

Great find on the theft recovery!