1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elbow wraps for tendonitis?

Discussion in 'General' started by definitely not a cat, May 25, 2022.

1. definitely not a cat

definitely not a cat Well-Known Member

Anyone here have experience with elbow wraps and sleeves to help with tennis elbow? Not sure which ones to seek out or avoid.
    I picked up some tendonitis in my elbow earlier this week and I have a race on Saturday.

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Slingshot elbow cuffs. Or I also use the top half of old athletic socks as insulation and a lighter compression and I can slip on 2 or 3 depending how much pressure I need at that moment…..but that’s lifting specific

definitely not a cat likes this.
  3. britx303

I annoyingly have recurring tennis elbow if I do heavy supinated DB curls for too long

4. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

Not a functional item to use while playing or training but with my elbow injury last year these saved me: www.freezesleeve.com

5. definitely not a cat

definitely not a cat Well-Known Member

I might need to wear something like the slingshot cuff at work when I’m doing more psychical repairs. I sure don’t bounce back like I used too.
    The freeze sleeve looks pretty cool idea. Looks like it would help a lot with the pain and recovery time.

britx303 likes this.
  6. britx303

Massage and stretch the area once inflammation settles down to keep scar tissue to a minimum. Use light bands to strengthen as well. Heat therapy also to get blood to the tendons/injury, so not just cold. Tendons just take time to heal and it sucks.

7. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Switch arms when you’re enjoying your “alone time.” :crackup::Poke:

KneeDragger_c69 and StaccatoFan like this.
  8. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

10. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

I have this one. It provides enough relief to allow me to keep working my desk job.
    https://www.shockdoctor.com/collect...-gel-support-and-strap?variant=14354351292469

Dumbbell reverse wrist curls are an actual fix for me. If I make sure to do them often enough, I don't feel any pain and don't need the band. But if I slack off, the RSI sets in and I have to go back to the band until I can let it recover. Then I do some curls a few days in a row and the issue is gone.

11. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

ive been a competitive lifter, so this has been an issue for me. i bought these and have had great luck since using them. i dont use them on arm curl days or back days, but anything push theyre good. not sure they will work for you for racing etc, but theyre great for lifting.

https://inzernet.com/collections/power-wraps/products/elbow-sleeves-xt

another tip i got from mark bell was to do light hammer curls to help the issue. your results may very.

britx303 likes this.
  12. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I bought these. They do provide some relief.
    Screenshot_20220525-215440_Amazon Shopping.jpg

13. britx303

Hammer curls and reverse Oly bar curls are most of what I will do anymore. It has definitely kept the recurring issue at bay

gixer1100 likes this.
  14. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Tommy Copper

15. sdg

sdg *

Theraband fkexbar is what was recommended to me.

I had to get a steroid shot in the right one. Had zero grip strength 12 weeks ago b/c pain. Woo.

Also, the brace with the little cushion on it to put pressure on an area made mine worse.

Last edited: May 26, 2022
  16. 418

418 Expert #59

Can we revisit this?

I swing a 3lbs brass hammer at work every day and it's wrecked my right arm and left one is feeling it too since I've used it as a "helper" now.

Rest isn't really an option.

I'm low key wondering if this will put an end to my riding days. Quitting work isn't really an option.

I've done patches and the sleeves with varying level of success.

17. Jed

Jed mellifluous

PRP worked for me. Braces didn't.

418 likes this.
  18. sdg

sdg *

Just over a year out from the tear, March 13. Goddamn thing still hurts like he'll sometimes. Flexbar will usually calm it down.

What really pisses me off is that it flares up with stress.

19. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I fought this for years with the doctor treating me for tennis elbow. Mine was from a traumatic injury, not from repetitive use. Had multiple steroid including injections but they generally only helped for a few weeks. I used compression bandage like what they use on horses and dogs and it helped with the pain. I could apply as tight or loose as I wanted.

Turns out the tendon was ruptured. Had surgery to reattach everything and other than some arthritis it's been great ever since. I guess he also drilled a bunch of little holes in there to promote healing. Tendons take a long time to heal.

418 likes this.
  20. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Years of lifting weights has destroyed my left elbow. Doc says its a bone spur. I have had a cortozone shot. It helped for a year but pain is so bad now. I just take a motrin in the morning the days I ride on the track. It helps. Those straps dont help me. I am way beyond something like that making it feel better.

418 likes this.