1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Venmo

Discussion in 'General' started by In Your Corner, May 12, 2022.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Not familiar with it, can someone who has paid you money claw it back from you?

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

No

BigBird likes this.
  3. In Your Corner

4. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Venmo offers purchase protection if the transaction is marked as good and services (i.e. similar to Paypal) but no such protection when sending via a "friends and family" style transaction.

Most people don't know this, but Venmo is an wholly-owned subsidiary of Paypal.

TurboBlew and BigBird like this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

Zelle is another one. Most big banks use it. once sent, basically unrecoverable

Yzasserina likes this.
  6. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Had a guy earlier this year ask me to open a Venmo account to pay a downpayment on a mountain bike because he "didn't trust paypal" :rolleyes:

7. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

sounds like the kinda guy who puts a 'down payment' on a mountain bike.....

and no, I don't even wanna know how much the bike costs...I'm sure thousands lol

8. In Your Corner

It had errythang...

Steeltoe likes this.
  9. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

I'll give you $350 for it right now, sight unseen.

LOL

10. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

It was more that it was in San Francisco and I live in Chicago but was going to be there 6 weeks later for work, so I sent him $200 to take down the listing so I could pick it up when I was in town. It was thousands with an "s" but just barely.

BigBird likes this.
  11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I guess Im confused why you would use those services IF you didnt personally know the receiver or sender?

12. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I just Venmo'd a total stranger $225 for some RZR parts....His FB profile seemed legit. o_O

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

oh you definitely don't use those services if you do not. more for if you sold something local, at least for me.

TurboBlew and AMac like this.