1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie looking for reliable mechanic

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Nathan Welch, May 1, 2022.

1. Nathan Welch

Nathan Welch New Member

Just getting into the sport. Coming from motocross. Just purchased a 2020R6 with 12 miles on it. The guy had been building a track bike, I think it is almost ready. Looking for a reliable mechanic to go over the bike and let me know what else I need to be ready and to ensure everything is correct. I am in the Braselton GA area, close to road atlanta. Thank you in advance.

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Livengood in Lawrenceville, Caylormade in Marietta, not sure what @RM Racing is doing but he is in Hotchson(sp)

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Gainesville Motorsports - tell them to have Bigfoot work on your stuff (nope, not kidding).

Pretty sure Hippie is still doing stuff at the shop across the street from Road Atlanta but can't remember the name of it.

4. wheelz96

wheelz96 Well-Known Member

GMD Computrak of Atlanta (Fairmont). They are great for getting the bike setup with the "sweet numbers"

5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Hippie closed the shop and is a service writer at some car place the last I heard about 2 years ago

6. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Not really in the business any more. Racers are cheapskates and I have bills to pay. If you want a racebike properly built, I can do that, but it will not be cheap.

And no longer in Hoschton, moved further north.

jkraft and Shenanigans like this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well damn.

8. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I think Hippie is back working on bikes again, but I don't know where.

9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Cool I'll find out

10. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

My peeps say Chris aka Hippy is wrenching on bikes, maybe service writing and other stuff at Solo Motorsports near Gainesville GA. Very good guy and does excellent work