1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't race blues-

Discussion in 'General' started by lovemyr6, Jun 30, 2004.

1. lovemyr6

lovemyr6 Well-Known Member

Man I tried and I can't let this go. Sean why don't you CALL me in case you weren't enlightened to the story. And call me from from a phone that has 3 way capability. Sorry- It's the Snide part that got me. You have my number.:mad:

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The snide was because it was in parans and had nothing to do with anything else you posted - therefore a snide comment. Sorry but you're the one that made it. If we're talking about the same issue then there was no complaint made by any other racer(s).

You think I'm wrong and want to talk about it more you have my email. If I am wrong I'll gladly retract all but the snide portion - it may upset you but that's what it was (mostly the tricky version of the definition).

3. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

no therapy needed here, I'm not the one whining and sniffeling.

I can offer the advise about racing and the IRS, though:D

4. Stimy25

Stimy25 Well-Known Member

Want some cheese with that whine?????? :rolleyes:

5. lovemyr6

Kith- seems to me you were whining pretty good telling everybody how upset you were making out with the girl on your couch but you were unable to think about her but were thinking of your motorcycle instead. Wheaaaaahhhhhh :rolleyes:

Mike- Sorry the cheese with the whine thing is really 3rd grade --- unless I know you then its 7th grade. Do I know you? When was the last time you raced? I can't find your results. Was it with WERA? Seriously

6. Cliff0529

Cliff0529 Well-Known Member

Women.... :D

7. Eck

Eck Older, wiser, but still addicted to roadracing

Whining is one thing. Bitching is something totally different. I think Emily is looking for the support and compassion from her fellow WERA-mates. And it appears that some of us are willing to listen and others are not.

I don't like to whine or bitch, but I've probably done both alot. Sometimes you just need to get something off of your chest otherwise its gonna just eat at you. Sometimes you just need to throw something out (troll) and see what happens. Although in habit, this is very annoying, but its warranted in some instances.

Sometimes it takes courage to say what's on your mind. If someone doesn't like it, well they can flame you all they want I guess. But don't take it personally. I hope everyone can agree on one thing: You can't please everyone all of the time.

:beer:

--Eck

8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Yup. can't live with them.........

9. oldbeginner

oldbeginner Well-Known Member

At least you have been racing. I don't even know what that feel like yet. I got a bike I can't ride until I get all the other stuff required to try for a race license. I'll be there one day.

10. Eck

In the immortal words of Jimmy V., "Don't give up. Don't ever give up."

If I made it (and i'm sure there are many others who would say the same) you can too :D :beer:

--Eck

11. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

Well this sounds promising! ;) :clap: :beer:

Haha guys...eat your hearts out! hehe

But what'll we do with my husband? And can I keep the cat and dog? ;) Wait, I wanna keep my husband too...is that okay? He DID buy me a race bike after all. He's the bomb!

Yeah, I haven't been in the results since late 2001 or 2002 (can't remember which but they're both too far back :( ).

Yeah, that frat house thing sounds exactly like what Don has been trying to do to our house (half nekked chick pics hanging in the living room and trying to build a dirtbike track in our back yard lol). :D :clap: :beer:

12. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Em.
    Well that all sucks :( .
    Since I'm barely able to scrape a working bike together as it is, I can hardly offer real assistance - but encouragement I have some to spare. So contact me if you need me to send some your way.

Anyway, these 3 statements apply for now:
    - where there's a will there's a way
    - situations are incredibly temporary and change
    - Dober can still go faster
    - I have some GREAT footage of you at Barber; RoadRACE2 will make you a star, so dont quit until its released :D

TODD CLARK - youre still gona make an appearance in the evenings, right??? Hope to see you mate
    :beer:

13. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

Well, as much as I wanted to race Road A this weekend, I really can't. I recently received notification to go to NY to get my son. With the trip to NY being on such short notice, the money is just not there for Road A. I could be depressed over it but am excited at the prospect of having my son with me. Besides, I'll be there for the AMA round, with my son watching his old man do the business.

Emily, I know how you must be feeling. I go through it on a regular basis, with all the empty promises that follow talks of sponsorship. Since I will not be loading the racebike on the truck this weekend, I will load chainsaw, machete, and rope. We'll take care of that tree and talk strategy about that race that we will be able to participate in. I'll even cook you dinner.

One good turn deserves another. I cannot thank you enough for what you did for my son and I at Loudon. You are truly a cut above and deserve the very best.:beer:

14. lovemyr6

Hehe- Yeah he's definitely a keeper!!! Besides we'll need someone to do the cooking while we're tinkering with the bikes :clap: Bring the cat and dog for sure- I miss mine sooooo bad. AND- we'll put half nekkid guys up on our side of the shop- Bostrom boyz, Kevin Windham, Shea Bentley, Doug Henry, Brian Gray, Kyle Lewis, and of course Putter, BC, Keith Marshall, Mr. Microphone, MarkB, Jim Lawson, Jamie Williamson, and last but not least Caesar and Mongo :D Ok- you too Kith :D (no offense to any wives or girlfriends here) You add some too and we'll be set.

Is drool bad for the keyboard?

Eck- you are a cool dude. Thanks a lot for everything. That made my day. You are very smart and I appreciate it.

15. Liar Liar

Liar Liar what did you say?

I dont know you Emily but I can offer something in retrospect.

If its one thing I've learned, you have to just let it go sometimes.
    Life has a way of throwing obstacles at this racing thing.....it sucks to not go because of responsibilities. BUT, its not going to stop you forever. Its your character thats gonna win out in the end and I think it shows exactly who you are by taking care of the responsibilties first. :beer: I respect that:D

On the other hand, there are numerous people willing to help. Let them......if at all possible. The speed thing, it kinda does suck....it was month and a half since I had been on the bike and 9 months since I had been to TWS but after a few laps I was able to get up to speed again. What sucked was all the others had picked the pace up a few seconds :confused: In one race, I dropped my lap times by 4 seconds....so a little at a time.

Bitch and whine all ya want cause I know putter loves it! :Poke:

16. lovemyr6

Oh my gosh- I think I remember seeing you in front of me with a camera pointing back. Was that when you were in like 5th place or something and I was behind you and then there was a red flag? Dang. That is so cool. You're first DVD was rockin'. I can't wait now!

17. lovemyr6

That's what I'm afraid of. Maybe if I print out all this stuff you guys are telling me, re-read it and DO IT, it'll be fine.
    Thanks>

18. Eck

Aww thanks :D You just made mine! :beer:

--Eck

19. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Emily I will stand outside your house (or inside) half naked anyday. :D

Fellow WERA BBS'ers let the flaming begin......................

20. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

Looks like Em has another admirer... :D