1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't race blues-

Discussion in 'General' started by lovemyr6, Jun 30, 2004.

1. freeride88

freeride88 Hooligan

What's that supposed to mean?

I didn't even get a response. :rolleyes:

2. Eck

Eck Older, wiser, but still addicted to roadracing

Last time I checked the time sheets, you were way ahead of me (at VIR at least ;) ) <petty excuse>It was my first time though</petty excuse>

Some of the friends I ride with at track days have that same problem. They run about the same times as I do, but when it comes to traffic, they just back off. Granted its a track day, but you can still be fairly aggressive and make clean passes.

See how many friends you have out of the people that just watch the BBS all day :Poke:

You'll pull through and we'll drag you if we have to ;) :beer:

--Eck

3. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Sorry man. Just wanted to let cb186 (friend here in the frozen tundra) that he is slow.

Carry on. :D

4. Eddie845

Eddie845 E-LO FRM THE BLOCK

I haven't been on the track since the 1st RRR round. I got no job now and havent' been able to find anything so far. Come up there and catch some action, I'll be cornerworking.

5. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Life could be much worse than not being able to race....:)

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

True,but not for a racer.

7. CUDA

CUDA Well-Known Member

Emily I am depressed that you will not be at RA because i was going to have Russell make me one of those no Whining stickers you wanted (like the one on my Duc).

8. Cliff0529

Cliff0529 Well-Known Member

Not true...missing a double points round is far worse. :D

9. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

Emily,

Haven't met ya yet, but from what I know of you here, you sound like a damn cool chick. Maybe it's because you sound so much like me. ;)

Anyway...I feel your pain. I haven't raced for two seasons and the last time I did was on my hubby's bike and that was the first time I'd ridden in almost a year.

At that time, the truck I had was starting to gradually die on me so I decided it was time to fork out the cash on a new car. Sometimes I wish I still had my truck - maybe I'd be able to afford to race AND I'd have a tow vehicle. But the sensible side of me said I should buy a car. So I did. Been broke ever since.

The closest I've come to racing is going on weekends with Don and when he had the two bikes and had to race back to back I got to ride one of the bikes back to the pits (yeah...woohoo! ;) ).

A couple of weeks ago, he bought me a race bike (an FZR400). But guess what? I still can't afford to race. And I had just finished buying/getting all the gear (again). Add to that the health problems I'm having right now and that equals the probability that I will be VERY lucky to get to race at all this year.

But if not, I just look forward to next year. There's always that.

Oh, and we too have tons of things we're supposed to be fixing around the house, so I can feel that pain as well. Just remember that all you can do is all you can do. You will race again.

10. lovemyr6

lovemyr6 Well-Known Member

Heck yeah!!! I still want one of those. I'll bet they are on the net somewhere too. I've been thinking about that since I saw it. I want em on my car, on my desk, on my computer, and on the butt of my leathers. :clap:

11. I know how you feel. Between the death of my friend Tom at the VIR round and my wife losing her job two weeks later, this year I have turned wheels on a racetrack a grand total of one 10-minute practice session and one seriously cold trackday.

I won't be at Road A either, because my mother wants to come and visit and I can't say no. I spent the last nearly 13 years skipping out on visiting with family - ten as a competition skydiver, and nearly 3 as a roadracer. Suddenly this winter I realized that my parents are getting old, and won't be around much longer. My mother wants to come visit me on one of the biggest race weekends of the year. Just last year I would have said NO! and gone racing. I can't bring myself to tell her no now.

Racing will be there for you when you have time for it. But don't take as long as I did to realize that friends, job, a home, and especially family come first. Other pursuits such as racing (and skydiving) are fun, but really all they truly amount to are selfish and self-serving hobbies. Hobbies can be picked up and set down. The other things can't.

I'm going to try to be at the VIR round in August. Maybe you'll be there too, and we can celebrate a weekend doing something just for ourselves!

:beer:

12. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Like I said, "If you need any help with that,just ask":p :Poke:

13. lovemyr6

Thanks- same to you girl. I actually wondered what happened to ya. I've been looking in the results. I should've just emailed you.

Wow- so ya'll move down here where its warm and you'll save on heating bills :D and we'll split the costs on everything and we'll all go together and pit together and swich take-offs and have like a frat house with a dirtbike/motocross track in the back yard..and..

Dang- I knew they told me to cut out this drinking crap at work. :beer:

14. CUDA

CUDA Well-Known Member

Butt of your leathers...

Who gets to put them there? :Poke:

Just kidding, it's so easy to hit on the only girl in the paddock.

Well not only girl, but one of the few on the grid.

15. lovemyr6

Somebody else just PMed with another good point. That its not smart to go out half ready- ie skimping too much on tires, gas, etc. Its too stressful and dangerous and there's a lot of people not just US in this situation- AMA folks too. It'll make it that much better when we CAN get back out there when its done RIGHT.

I love you man <snif snif>

16. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO!!!! HA HA HA HA HA AH AHA HA :D :D :D

Putter...you go ahead and be a sugar daddy...the ladies call me their sweet and low daddy :D

17. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Right Buttercup:rolleyes:

18. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Who is this damn buttercup?:confused:

:D

19. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Some guy that can't keep his dumb ass comments to himself.

Then when someone helps him,he makes smartass comments about that.I could go on:p

20. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

i feel your pain. I have to work all this weekend as well. No way for me to get out of it like i usually can. :( Wife and kids will be there enjoying the show and friendships while im working and not racing. :( At least you wont get any FURTHER ahead of me in points, Emily. ;)