1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't race blues-

Discussion in 'General' started by lovemyr6, Jun 30, 2004.

1. lovemyr6

lovemyr6 Well-Known Member

Are we allowed to be in a funk here? If not, too bad.

Let me pre-empt this note with: I am extremely thankful to even be given the privilege to race. I have all my fingers and toes and all my appendeges work and I'm alive (and my license hasn't been suspended for riding too slow because somebody, even if the FRB rules were not being broken, has to whine and complain).

Having said this but I am so hearbroken and pissed over the fact that I cannot race this weekend at Road A. Work, storm damage from last week to my property and possibly to the neighbors, MONEY, blah blah.
    I eat, dream, think about riding and racing all the time and sometimes it feels like it slipping through my fingers. It's almost like my heart is being pulled out of my chest. I'm so jealous because as I'm cutting trees in my yard at my house thats been for sale for 8 months (its a mechanics house- unless you work on cars or bikes you wouldn't want it), you all are going to be racing.

I am so sad, and I'm sorry sometimes girls do cry and this is one of the few things that makes me cry- Wheah- I know- Don't slam me. I just don't know of many people that would understand and maybe you guys and gals would.

I can't even go up there even though its 20 minutes from my house. Jamie doesn't even understand why I can't go up there to accompany him on his demo ride he's doing at lunch on Sat.

I guess its time to tighten the belt, get rid of the baggage, and figure out what important in life. We are only here for a short period of time and making sure that NONE of these things ever gets in the way again is the direction to go. I guess I should regress to being a early 20's person where outside responsibilities are cut into about 1/4 of what it is when you have usually when you are in your 30's or 40's or 50's. But then they have parents to help and that's not an option for many of us.

No offense- but anyone less than around 25 years old has no clue probably what I'm talking about so... what ever, but I just need to vent.

Flame away to my PM's please- other than that, if you have any suggestions or just have felt the same way please let me know.

I would like to hear from Marge on this. She seems to know an awful lot about me and racing in general to not be a racer. Maybe she can give me some insight. How about it Marge?

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Em, there is always a way.
    Don't know how much clean up/ damage repair there is,but plenty of the WERA family live nearby. All you need to do is ask.

3. Eck

Eck Older, wiser, but still addicted to roadracing

I'm sure I speak for many others...

If I could help I would. But I'm too busy making sure us Hoosier's stay in line. Thankfully, I have alot of help because I know I couldn't keep guys like Wade & Ben in check all the time.

I wish ya luck and if we didn't live however many miles away it is, we'd be there for ya. I have people helping me out every single weekend and even on non race days. I definitely know that its near impossible to do everything on your own, although much of the time you have very little choice.

Hang in there and good things will happen.

--Eck

P.S. I'm one of those pesky 25 year olds, so I probably don't know what I'm talking about ;) :Poke: :beer:

4. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Keep the faith, girl!

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FWIW - in your snide comment portion :Poke: no one complained, we actually do notice things all on our own on occasion.

Anyway, stay home, do what you have to do to be able to come out and play again. It's the reality part of life everyone has to do to be able to do the parts of life you have a passion for. Long run - it's easily well worth it.

6. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

Well I had a bunch of heartfelt crap typed out but our frickin' p.o.s. Internet connection wiped it out. :mad:

Anyway, you've got a whole lot of opportunity, and time, to race Emily. Cheer up! Think positive and ahead!

Some of us don't have that luxury (old people I mean)!

:)

7. Putter

Maybe you should call me.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

8. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

right here too :D just a mild 23 (but 11 forever);)

love...why not work some corners for some extra race credits...my cornerworking days are going to cut my bill for road A almost in half...plus it keeps you close to the action...

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

And out of other people's way:rolleyes:

10. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

Is a psycharist needed?

11. CUDA

CUDA Well-Known Member

2 words

Sugar

daddy.

:)

12. Putter

You rang?

:D

13. CUDA

CUDA Well-Known Member

Ok now putter. Are we going to have to compare amounts of sugar so she can pick her daddy? :Poke:

14. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I'm in! I just talked with my lawyer.;)
    Sometimes getting injured by a battey old lady is a good thing:p

15. CUDA

CUDA Well-Known Member

W2's at high noon.

16. Putter

I would lose.

But if she wants to call me.......................:D

17. freeride88

freeride88 Hooligan

I offer the services of a tall RC51 rider...me. Do I stand a chance?

Are you willing to date a guy who's slower than you?:)

18. Putter

Paging cb186.......................

19. lovemyr6

lovemyr6 Well-Known Member

Erionx- I'm just jealous of you guys because a lot of time you are all faster :Poke: and I don't have the guts to pass you. Or can't whichever you prefer.

Jeff- Thanks a bunch. I needed that. I really do have a lot to be thankful for.

Putter- Keeping it and saying it are two different things :D I'm trying. At least there is a light at the end of the tunnel here and lots of people don't have that.

Gary- I know there's always a way but its the asking part that I'm working on ;)

Mongo- It's the WAITING part that kills me.

Jeff- that's a good idea but I'd have to do it on a weekend when I make the decision to do it and not because I'm forced to do it just because I can't race. I been wanting to anyway- I know it would help.

Kith- I think a pshciatrist may be needed here- Didn't you have several you've had good luck with you could recommend?

Putter- Sugar daddy! Naw, I've been the sugar momma and it'd be too much to go to the other side :D Not saying that I'd do it again though. Can't anyways- there are consequences to being a sugar momma- like having nothing left over.:p

God- I feel better already. Kith- would you like to join us in group therapy?

20. Putter

Just kiddin on the sugar daddy deal. I have enough money for some bikes and a roof over my head...................and a phone.:D

Is this annoying you yet?