1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

motorcycles or girlfriends?

Discussion in 'General' started by briguy, Jun 25, 2004.

1. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Is that counting your write-offs?:Poke:

2. 2Bfast

2Bfast New Member

Ok guys........that's enough about how bad it is to be with one of us(yes I'm female). I just recently broke up with my boyfriend(a racer) because he was thinking all of your negative thoughts. I loved his racing and fully supported it, but he didn't believe me. I even love being on a motorcycle and would like to learn how to ride as well as race. He had the mind-set that all girls hate guys that race.....eventually. I would tell him one thing and he would believe another. Their was no getting through to him.

Those of you that think so "highly of us" are the ones that ruin it for everyone else. I believe you need to find a girl that likes your racing, but to keep her you need to include her. Not give up and believe all the crap being said. It can/could work if you'd only put the same amount of effort into her as you do your bike. No, I'm not saying give her all the attention, but at least give a shit.

I commend those of you that are able to balance your life with the racing and keep a positive mind-set when it comes to your relationship.

You know......all the good ones are always taken. :rolleyes:

3. stickboy274

And that's why Honey has a YSR that she races in the mini's. She enjoys ridin' on the tracks.

4. Kristin

Kristin Well-Known Member

Would you be interested in learning how to ride now that you guys are broken up? Where are you located? I'll take you under my wing so to speak :) I'm wanting to meet some more chicks anyway :D

5. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

Not necessarily true... You're single.

For every Jack there is a Jill. One just hopes that she (he) has not been shit on to the point of ruin.

3 failed marriages and I'm still optimistic... or a glutton for punishment. Through it all I have learned if you want a diamond, go to a jewelery store. No matter how much you try to polish it, a turd is still a turd and will never be a diamond. You cannot make anyone any more than they want to be, nor do what they don't want to do.

DHM looking for a racer girl with ambition and a sense of adventure, who is not afraid of work. I am a good cook so you don't have to. Responder must be sure to have terminated all prior relationships as I consider 3 a crowd, not a menage au trois. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2004
  6. stickboy274

That's what we like to hear.

And another love connection has been made.

BTW, we want pics.:D

this was not for you Ceasar. It was for the ladies

Last edited: Jun 28, 2004
  7. WERA74

Aw, come on Stick. I run your rubber and all and you won't give me the hookup with the ladies.

8. stickboy274

yeah yeah. were talkin a pair, couple, set. You gotta wait your turn.

You understand don't you?

9. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

hmmm...I guess I got it pretty good. For some reason, I've convinced my wife that racing is a journey to an end. She "tolerates" my racing until the end is achieved - I think. She goes sometimes but with the little guy (our 2 yr old) its stressful for her at the track. Getting to use the in-laws motorhome really helps, but the kid's still a handful for her. So she doesn't go as often as I'd like her to.

I hear the complaints from time to time (usually when we disagree on something else) "all you think about are those damn motorcycles"....etc. For some reason though, she knows I have to do it...Im not even sure why myself! Guess it's the competitive spirit in me.

I've always wondered, and thought that, chicks who ride are hot. But, Emily made some really interesting points on that subject, regarding the "threatened male" syndrome. Wonder if I would suffer from that if my wife suddenly wanted to ride/race/spend time away??

my $.02

10. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Ever have a vintage bike? ;)

11. 2Bfast

2Bfast New Member

That would be awesome, but it looks like you're in North Carolina. I'm located in Wisconsin. If you're ever here, drop me a line. :cool:

12. 2Bfast

2Bfast New Member

13. WERA74

Not to be an opportunist but...;)

14. yz250mike

yz250mike Eric Cartman is my idol

yeah

"I do not have a girl friend" -- valentino rossi, reason #11 why he won the 2001 500cc world championship

15. WERA74

Re: yeah

Is that my failing? Chasing the wrong tail?:eek:

16. lovemyr6

lovemyr6 Well-Known Member

DHM- I learned from huked un foniks. Does the D stand for DIVORCED? Wow- that's gonna have to give some people new things to talk about.

YOU COOK? COOK?
    You know the fastest way to a girls heart is from the dinner table :D

17. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

:( Emily, honey, where's the love?

:D :D

18. stickboy274

I heard on some thread it may be on your keyboard:Poke:

19. WERA74

Hmmmm... really? What can I cook for you? Blackened tuna steaks? Cuban Congri? Crepes Suzette? Lasagna alla Caesar? How about an authentic Irish breakfast (an Ulster Fry), complete with fresh baked Soda Bread and Potato bread?

20. stickboy274

Yeah, that stuff sounds good, but don't expect me to put out just 'cause you made me food.

Unless there's dessert involved