1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are RD400s selling for

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by This old Rz, Apr 3, 2022.

1. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Curious as to those of you who have rd400s 76 - 79s.
    NOT original condition bikes...yuk
    I have no interest in collectors or original condition I am looking more along the lines of your race or canyon toys.
    I have a chance to buy my old Daytona Special back...

IMG_20220403_113620.jpg

Although I'm not sure what motor work has been done to it since I sold it.... There's a lot of little custom/cafe touches I'd like to do to it still but I had originally planned.
    I sold it for top dollar $2,500, to my friend about 6-7 years ago... I think he wants about $4500 now.
    My goal was a fun little Street toy was probably going to put some Moto Carrera Milienum GPs/Tommy Crawford pipes, and possibly was thinking of a front end conversion, but certainly retaining the Daytona style mag spokes. I'd like to run a CBR 900RR front end with a 16 inch front wheel to give it a pretty sick looking rake... Full well understanding this ( is not) a race bike.. lol

Anyways those of you who have them what are you selling and trading them for what sort of value are you placing on them..... I've got too many projects including my RZ with many thousands of dollars tied up into them which are worth nothing unless I get them running...lol
    I would not be happy with the Daytona unless I stripped it completely down did the pipes new rear sets and a front end.
    Paint and cosmetics are no problem I'll do all that.

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

$4500 is a steal in todays market.

Photo likes this.
  3. zx250r

zx250r Well-Known Member

Yeah Daytona usually go for a bit more and 4500 for a nice standard 400 is a good deal. Id snag it if you don't.