1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorcycle work table

Discussion in 'General' started by JBowen33, Feb 8, 2022.

1. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

That is true my friend...
    I think plywood then was $ 28.00 bucks a sheet.

Last year at home Depot 5/8 inch rough grade plywood was selling for $108 a sheet ! , Same store youcould buy finished furniture grade birch plywood for $60.00.. All due to the covid Hysteria.
    Just pop into a local construction site when they're framing you will get all this stuff for free I'm working on a job site now with almost 1,800 homes being built I got a massive stack of misc in my backyard all (free.)

Realistically you only need partial cut-offs of posts and a 1/2 sheet O' plywood

I would like to build some dimond plate metal ones ,but I don't weld,s that takes care of that problem...lol

2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I use an old door on 4 kitty litter buckets. Cost me $10 for the door.

3. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I know they are exspensive. Could have sworn I bought it off a member here (met him in Michigan) as he put the adjustable casters on the bottom. Saved myself half the cost of a new one. I also use it at home when I have multiple bikes tore apart. I have a Handy pneumatic lift also Both bought used as I am a cheap ass. GSXR 750 1.jpg

KneeDragger_c69 and Photo like this.
  4. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

I was looking at those… with shipping it’s like 800 bucks. Was hoping there was a cheaper option other then wood. They are nice tho.

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  5. JBowen33

Yeah I was considering that option but they are heavy, I don’t have a ton of room and i want to be a be able to completely move the thing out of the way. That’s why I was looking at the tables

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  6. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

They are heavy but they roll pretty easy. The ramp is held on by two bolts so is easy to take off and on. With out the ramp it might give you a little more space.

7. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Yep. And I use mine as a "parking space" for one of my bikes so it's not creating any empty/ unused space.

And the ramp is just held on by two pins, not bolts. So you dont have to unbolt the ramp...you just lift it and move it out of the way.

I absolutely love my HF lift.

Photo likes this.
  8. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

You can't get much cheaper than 2 sheets of plywood.

Phl218 likes this.
  9. JBowen33

Im cheap but I want something a little nicer then plywood… also I’ve been doing some reno on my house and if I have to sort through another crap wood pile at Home Depot someone will most likely get impaled from a C shaped 2x4 i catapulted across the lumber yard.

KneeDragger_c69 and tl1098 like this.
  10. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Like I said I have both the Wood and a HF. Each has it's bonuses.. my old garage was pretty badass. It was basically a drive-in cantina in the desert. So the wood ones aesthetically look friggin awesome.

The Harbor Freight one would have damaged my epoxy flooring.
    I had a damn strong epoxy and applied it myself, as that part of my profession, but it would still be too heavy with metal roller wheels. You'd Have to be careful with any kind of floor coating.

My bench has, locking wheels,tie down eyelets , and a simple wheel chock from two by fours.
    My friend has high grade wheel chocks on all 13 of his we built and industrial casters that lock.
    We Incorporated removable tray underneath each workbench that you can slide in milk crates/makes bodywork/ parts / gear etc.. it handy when you've got a lot of bikes Everything is in one spot so basically each bike has its own workstation. That particular garage almost the ultimate man cave to 125 ft long 40 ft tall 60 ft wide, two-story western-themed bar, car lifts, mini machine shop, parts racks...
    Being in construction has its benefits materials come cheap if not free.

The right grade wood and the right coatings can make awesome customizable workbenches... It's more a labor of love and aesthetics from a Craftsman point of view.

The Kendon folding workbenches are nice but they're also over $1,000..but it's worth it it versatility and resale I don't think anybody makes anything more versatile then Kendon does and their resale follows suit

I love that two sheet plywood version! the awesome for a dirt bikes, I'd be a little tentative for an expensive plastic bike...

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
  11. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

I made (4) of these over 15 years ago. 247871C5-566F-4F7A-8546-9768F0294774.jpeg

12. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

K&L for the win…

EB36AEA5-59ED-4C48-A517-E0453F92A756.jpeg

13. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

For store ability...if you or a buddy can weld make a table top like this one :stupid: but instead of welded legs/bracing like this weld 3/4 female pipe fittings in the corners/center. Then make 6 lengths of 3/4 pipe for the legs and screw them in when you want to use the table and screw them out and store it flat against a wall when you dont.

edit: I meant the table posted by trussdude.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  14. lopitt85

I think I want to live in your buddies garage. :bow:

15. lopitt85

Also, any pics of the finished product?

16. Critter

Critter Registered

I got one in charlotte but you gotta pick it up

Boman Forklift likes this.
  17. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Is that offer open to people besides the op?

18. JBowen33

ahh it be roughly a 700 mile round trip for me.

19. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

I too am looking at an aluminum working table, to be able to bring to the track and work on the bike with ease.
    For now my little stool does the job, as long as I'm not on grass or gravel.

I went with a lift table also... from a company called Titan, pretty much the same thing as the HF.

Attached Files:

20. Critter

Critter Registered

Sure I would sell one but mine is made of steel and you would need a ramp