1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. gsxr1000bill

gsxr1000bill Well-Known Member

She's finally home!

Attached Files:

TurboBlew and Spooner like this.
  2. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

That's a seriously nice garage.

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Fixed.

4. gsxr1000bill

pool table room, but still need to get my pool table in there. Then I'll put it in the garage.

5. Spooner

Did it come with Maxxis tires? I thought only the gas gas flavors had those.

6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Why move it twice? Just put the pool table straight into the garage. :crackup:

SuddenBraking and gsxr1000bill like this.
  7. gsxr1000bill

Negative. Had everything done at my dealer, including tire swap. At81s suck. Lol

8. gsxr1000bill

could. I've always kept my motorcycles in the house anyway.

9. Spooner

Oh I agree! I pulled mine off before I ever rode my husky.

10. gsxr1000bill

When I bought my 17, I rode 1st ride on the at81s and immediately yanked them off. Never again. So this time I just dealer swap them in my build and give me credit for them.

11. Spooner

You’re gonna love the TPI. I have 82 hours on mine and it’s a beast. Just waiting for the 23’s to come out to see if the new TBI setup is on them. Hoping that will run better on top as these don’t really love to be revved out. The low to medium RPM power is like an electric motor and super precise feeling.

8F9161DB-BFE5-4AE5-9C9C-888F8B864CFE.jpeg

MELK-MAN, TurboBlew and gsxr1000bill like this.
  12. gsxr1000bill

I'm hoping I like it. My previous 300s all had high compression heads, red pv spring flush etc. I like em to hit hard. May end up with head, ecu & shit from slavens If I don't like power output of TPI. Find out here soon when I get to break it in

13. Spooner

It will be strange at first because they don’t have the hit like a regular 2-stroke but they are sneaky fast. The fatty pipe made a nice change on mine over the full rev range too. Also you’ll need to play with the PV a bit to help it pull on top.

14. gsxr1000bill

Yeah, I experimented with fatty & gnarly on previous 300s, but always preferred the fatty.

15. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Looks like this thread is more off-road oriented, but will throw this out there: what's the general OTD price these days on a 250 MXer? Specifically looking at the 2022 KX250. Advertised rates are all over the board, and I suspect the low prices displayed online will even out after a bunch of high fees. Going to start contacting a few dealers tomorrow, but would be helpful to have some context and a baseline before I do!

16. Spooner

You’ll pay full retail plus freight and setup at the very least. Many shops are adding ADM to mx bikes because they are getting so few and demand is very high.

17. Greenhound386

Ugh. So appreciably more for a 250 dirt bike than I paid for a brand-new 600 in 2018. Will get some numbers today.

18. Spooner

Yep. I was at a KTM shop yesterday and they got in 2 250 and one 450 factory edition and all were sold before I left an hour later. Full pop for all of them and the guys didn’t blink.

19. Greenhound386

Exactly what I figured, but I've seen a few dealers list deep sale prices on KX250s, and I'm gathering it's too good to be true.

"2022 KX250. FREE. $0. Just add dealer markup of $8,399, freight, setup, taxes, and registration. This sale price is only good until the time you've read the rest of this advertisement."

Spooner likes this.
  20. Greenhound386

Just chatted with 2 dealers listing the big sale price on the KX250. They gave me all of the numbers, but here are the important ones:

Dealer #1
    OTD on a KX250 is normally $11.6k.
    With their sale price, they are selling it for $10.2k.

Dealer #2 is at $8,912. Probably moving forward with that.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2022