1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2022 silly season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Didn't he make some noise that one weekend on the bike? He was hauling the mail, just outta shape?

2. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

got 3rd i think in stock 1000 late in the year, jersey maybe

3. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Pittsburgh.

henry_carlson likes this.
  4. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Hayden has a love / hate (ref: 2017 crash) relationship with Pitt Race...

5. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Yeah, from that podcast someone posted with Ulrich, the 750 doesnt seem ready for the class just yet.

Senna likes this.
  6. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

superbike also is how I read it.

7. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I think Gillam on a good 1000 has to be a consideration for the championship. I also think he can run top 5 against the SBK on the right tracks. I think Stk 1000 will be some good racing this year.

8. motodog650

9. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

They didn't say "Superbike Cup" which is what I would expect. Think they're really putting two bikes forward or just going to run as best they can in SBK with a Stock1k machine?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  10. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

You can't enter Superbike as a premier entry and still be eligible for Superbike Cup even if you are on a Superstock spec bike. I know others doing the same thing. As a premier entry there is a guarantied pay out.

11. motodog650

According to Hayden, a bike for each class:

"The Stock 1000 class is full of talent and has a big grid, so I’m excited about running with them. I know we are still working on the Superbike program, and this will be my first time racing a Superbike. It won’t be that much of a difference from the Stock 1000 bike, but the different suspension and other components that you can run in Superbike will be really fun to try."

grasshopper and koth442 like this.
  12. motodog650

CU18 stated on Edge Grip podcast that his SBK riders would be a former series champ and a rookie to the class. Jake the Snake (worst kept secret) and Escalante (now rumoured)...

13. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

This kinda stuff is handled horribly. Is Jake Lewis & Zuk actually a secret or has it been made official? I thought it was already official.

14. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

There are pictures of the bike with his number. Its not "official" yet though. No official announcements.

15. henry_carlson

rumor that could land Greg White in "trouble" - Ducati Warhorse and/or Ducati is testing with motoamerica specific gas , dunlops, and rider at the portimao test next week

SuddenBraking, koth442 and ajcjr like this.
  16. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Damn, guess the budget for this season is good!

17. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I wonder if that would include Josh Herrin and the SS program?

18. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

What was so awesome about that weekend is that he showed up late and missed practice and Q1 I think. Still went out there gridded way back and kicked almost the whole fields ass. That dude is a force to be reckoned with on a motorcycle.

19. khill

khill Well-Known Member

He missed all of Friday due to work. Showed up Sat morning and P2 in Qualifying, first time on track.....ran off track during the first few laps of the race and clawed his way back to P3....

henry_carlson, koth442, ajcjr and 2 others like this.
  20. henry_carlson

no mention but we can ask him, @joshherrin you going my dude!?