1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. gsxr1000bill

gsxr1000bill Well-Known Member

Thanks! This will be my 5th 300, but first FI

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I've always scoffed at guys that say things like 'I don't need a new bike, this ones fine', but my '18 TX300 is so well sorted and she treats me so good, that I don't want another bike because I'm so afraid that I won't be able to get the new one sorted as well.

I guess I could keep the TX...

DmanSlam likes this.
  3. gsxr1000bill

Yeahhhhh, my 17 300 was so well setup and just how I wanted it. This one is getting all my goodies installed before picking up, but we'll see how I like the power delivery and stock suspension. When I went to A class on my 17, protune did my suspension. Probably gonna take some seat time to get back to that pace though!

4. gsxr1000bill

This was my 17 300. She's in Ohio somewhere now

Attached Files:

Senna and cpettit like this.
  5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Great graphics

gsxr1000bill likes this.
  6. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

same. I can’t even imagine another dirtbike being better than the one I have.
    21B66CE5-F19D-4EA5-BB20-A4F3C960F3E4.jpeg

gsxr1000bill likes this.
  7. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I think the Spain 6days Ktm might be the best looking oem dirt bike ever made.

cpettit likes this.
  8. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Hot.

gsxr1000bill likes this.
  9. You will love that thing.

gsxr1000bill likes this.
  10. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

picked up a new to me 2020 ktm xcf 250, with only 18 hours, last night. already had Kreft suspension on it, just need to send it in to valve and spring for me. need to disassemble and clean up to my liking, and accessorize it. gives me a nice project until the snow leaves. my current 17 xcf250 will be for sale soon. clean bike, 202 hours, kreft suspension, 270 big bore. Ski

TurboBlew and MELK-MAN like this.
  11. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

It's an 09

I ride with BJ quite a bit.

I ended up running into Eric Schmidtt down at Redbird this past fall on a group ride. I've been riding with a lot of guys out of Cincy over the past year.

cBJr and cpettit like this.
  12. 650 RACER

650 RACER Well-Known Member

I moved to a 21 Gas Gas EC300 last year and am on the thing every weekend. My first TPI and I love it. Enjoy!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
  13. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

That’s funny. I ride with him and two other Eric’s at Saddleback a lot. Red bird is awesome but it’s a bit of a haul for us. Like 3 hrs each way. Still one of my favorite places to ride though.

14. gsxr1000bill

Saddleback is my home turf, but Redbird is still my favorite place ever.

15. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I'm completely ignorant to dirt bike prices. What's a fair price for a later-model KTM 125SX? I'm seeing 2017s or newer from $4,500-$6,500 with varying hours, most around 50-60 or so.

16. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Nice. One of the first 3 things you'll want is guards for the pipe, radiators and, especially those handguards (they'll protect against dirtbike roosts).

gsxr1000bill likes this.
  17. gsxr1000bill

Everything already installed except hand guards, because they're waiting on my GPR. Coming in Monday, so I'll probably pick it up tue/wed

DmanSlam likes this.
  18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Used all over the map, so price a top end & suspension refresh in your offer. FWIW a riding friend just bought a Gasgas and it was $8500ish otd new.

Senna likes this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

20. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

So cool.