1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona last weekend - GT Lights

Discussion in 'General' started by tz250racer, Oct 22, 2021.

1. tz250racer

tz250racer Active Member

Anyone know what happened in GTL? There was a guy that physically won Expert beating Gus Rodio. Was he DQ'd because I didn't see his # anywhere in the results. Results don't even look right because they show a KTM 790 winning.

2. 713

713 Well-Known Member

He won the race and was not dq'd. His ktm blew up in practice so he used Robert Fishers Kawasaki 565 for the race. It was Roger's first time riding the bike and he got into the 58's and won.

Sabre699 likes this.
  3. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

That was Roger Morisette.

4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

True story

5. tz250racer

tz250racer Active Member

Gotcha, I guess his transponder identified him but the bike number was not his, makes sense because it sure as hell didn't sound like a twin like he was listed in the results with. Fast times and fast bike.

6. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Bob just got that bike back from KWS and it has a killer motor. Destroked with custom Marine Industries crank. I don't think they had time to do anything to it including put numbers on, When Roger's KTM broke they just grabbed it out of the trailer and slapped the transponder on. Roger is a good rider, he's usually right at the front in our local LW races.

The 565 is for sale, BTW :beer:

RRP and MELK-MAN like this.