1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Triumph Daytona Motor Rebuild

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Mike880, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Mike880

Mike880 New Member

Want to have my 2010 675 Daytona motor torn down and inspected/rebuilt as needed. I'm looking for competent shops that can do this. I have Hanshaw engines and mark bilt on my list for now. I'm based in Cleveland, Ohio area if that helps. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2. Jeveritt

Jeveritt Well-Known Member

Honestly Hanshaw or Hord Power is probably your best bet, there may be other shops that would do it for you, but from my experience in the past with that era bike they are builders that appreciate the bike and understand its nuances.

R/T Performance and Mike880 like this.
  3. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Only ever had hord do tuning work for me, but he was a stand up guy. Drove 6 hours a couple times to have him do some dyno tuning.

Mike880 likes this.
  4. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Hord did my 2012 675. Honest, great work and reasonable. Nuff said. And he’s close to you.

Mike880 likes this.
  5. ton

ton Arf!

J.D. Hord

i don't know either of the others, but Hordpower took good care of me. and don't tell him i said so, but a really quality human being as well.

ducnut and Mike880 like this.
  6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

As others have said, Hordpower. JD is an exceptional dude.

7. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

What are you looking to achieve with the build? Just an OEM refresh or are you looking for custom pistons, overbore etc?

8. Mike880

Mike880 New Member

Just an OEM refresh, I'd like to go into next season knowing the motor is fresh and reliable.

9. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

Hanshaw actually still rides a Daytona we see him at grattan most of the summer.
    He definitely knows a lot about the triple

10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I have built a few of those throughout the years.
    $1500 plus parts.