1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Savage Stevens

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Sep 21, 2021.

1. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

I’m fine with my Sig Pro for home defense, or my AR if I need more.

I did find that yelling “Dude, get the fuck off my porch before I blow a warning shot through your chest” works as well as chambering a 12ga….

DaveB and Gorilla George like this.
  2. I have no doubts
    that you could handle yourself very well in that situation (and with the gun kept in a state short of C1).

The problem is that the vast majority of people don’t have your experience, or willingness/desire to train like that.

Most people buy a gun and a box of ammo, and then consider themselves protected. If someone doesn’t have (and isn’t willing to gain) your experience and skillset, the more “obstacles” they have to navigate in a high stress situation, the worse their chances of success are.

For people like that, the easier the gun is to handle, easier it is load, so on and so forth, the better their odds. So IMO, either a revolver or G17/G19 would be the safest bet for someone who won’t put in the time and effort it takes to be proficient.

Personally, I go to the range 2-3x a week, minimum. When I’m not doing that, I’m dry-fire practicing in the house with Laser rounds.

I’ve put thousands of rounds into every light socked in the living room and bedroom. The wife doesn’t even flinch or ask anymore when she keeps seeing red dots popping up everywhere. :D

Evad101 likes this.
  3. According to some of the consultants with USCCA, that is also a good thing to do in terms of the (potential) court bullshit that might come after having to shoot someone in self defense.

They said it might go a long way toward helping your case if you announce that you have a gun and will defend yourself.

Basically, the more ways/effort you make into not shooting someone, the better your odds are in court if you do have to.

But then again, some other consultants (also with USCCA) actually say it isn’t the best idea, because by announcing such things you give away your location and lose any tactical advantage you might have had.

They said it depends on the situation, where you are located in the house (exit points), if your family is with you or if some of them are separated in a different room/area.

So fuck knows. :crackup:

4. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

As I possess no oxymoronic nice glock, I'll hide behind the wardrobe and waylay the intruding miscreant with my trusty shillelagh. If you have the nerve to break into my house with a plastic gun, no quarter will be given.

pickled egg likes this.
  5. james weaver

james weaver Well-Known Member

browning a5 ,safty in trigger guard . bang 3times real fast . deer slugs all the way. i aint charging thru the house.100lbdog for that. just follow behind. if murph dont get him i will. good dog worth their weight in gold

6. nigel smith

My wife has a coach gun for those times that I'm out of town. It doesn't require much skill.

7. james weaver

james weaver Well-Known Member

also im cold hearted ass . shoot first then say o shit did that hurt.damn tough shit.

8. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

You must like house cleaning:D

9. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Lol... I still have it , but I’m not like you I need more than 24 hours to put a thousand rounds through my Stuff :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Looks cool but is next to worthless in reality.

11. nigel smith

Au contraire! It's the weapon of choice if you seek retribution against a biker gang in a post apocalyptic wasteland.

Gorilla George and Kev59 like this.
  12. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

If I have to shoot someone its not going to be with birdshot so they can have the chance to shoot me back.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and they are less then 10 feet from you, maybe.

14. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

My point is that blanket type tacticool statements like "clearing the house" and "going through doors", etc. are very generic statements geared toward SWAT needs and LE entry. My house and needs are very different from that in that it is a small house with a very open floor plan, open stairway and no need to "clear anything. I can stand in my living room and pretty much see everything. So everybody needs to make good choices based on their abilities and needs. While I have plenty of options, including a shotgun or an SKS or a pistol of a variety of calibers, I keep a 38 special revolver as my general go to if I were to need a gun fast.

15. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Not to mention, your house is awesome and would be a shame to shoot it full of holes.

16. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

The loads in the 38 Special shouldn't exit the body, so no holes in the house. If I silhouette them against the doors to the deck, then it is just a glass replacement and maybe homeowners insurance would cover it.

RRP likes this.
  17. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

But…but…how else are you going to get views and likes on IG and YouTube? I get a kick out of people on YouTube like WarriorPoet. Whatever the guys name is, John something, I gather he is the real deal and knows his shit but you have people that would get their asses handed to them by Paul Blart soaking this shit up that they’ll never use.

18. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

And it may have to have a Federal Tax Stamp .. it has to have a 16” barrel and 26” overall length to not need Stamp .

19. I don't disagree with that at all.

My main point is that training matters more than anything, including which firearm someone chooses to use.

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  20. Oh John Lovell is the real deal for sure. He was Special Ops (Army Ranger) that served multiple tours in Afghanistan and Iraq. From what I gather, he specialized in Urban Warfare. After years of that, he began training other military Special Ops groups, SWAT teams, etc in Urban Engagement. Then he went on to be an accredited NRA instructor. He teaches everything from room clearing, engagements using Night Vision, Close Quarters Combat, Long Range Patrol, EDC training, specialized handgun or rifle training, hand-to-hand combat, etc.

While the majority of guys that follow him online are more suited for Meal Team 6, John is a certified badass. He is as much of the real deal as anyone can be.