1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

It takes some trial & error for correct fit. I was crossing my lower 2 straps instead of going straight... like I used to do with old baseball & hockey protection. Usually squat a couple times to find their comfortable center. I run the leatt X frame ones. Also you can get them covered by medical insurance and /or some companies have annual exercise equip allowances.

tropicoz likes this.
  2. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

Perfect! I put on a pair of rash guards underneath and it helped a lot. That and the sock/sleeve over the top seems to keep them in place waaayyy better.

Just found that out after putting on my whole riding kit! Thanks!

I used my HSA!!!

Thanks for the info guys, very helpful! Apparently there's a fastening order which helps locate the brace to where it works most "naturally". Time to give them a go,

TurboBlew likes this.
  3. bitorius

bitorius Active Member

Ah! Didn't think about my HSA. About to clear some excess funds out haha

tropicoz likes this.
  4. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

5. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Those are just men's yoga pants.

6. bitorius

bitorius Active Member

I just wear those Under Armour yoga pants/leggings. They are pretty durable and use them in 1pc too.

7. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

Throw me in there with BJ to ride, haha.

eggfooyoung likes this.
  8. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I watched the ZachATK1 from a few years ago of that, looked crazy.

eggfooyoung likes this.
  9. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Anyone here run the ACES enduro series?

10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Coming back to this... my buddies neighbor just bought a new 2022 Gas Gas (KTM) 125. With some accessories (bars, pipe, etc) he purchased at the dealer, cost was $8,400 OTD. Dang that thing is Redder than a Honda ever could be! :D
    [​IMG]
    On the other hand my same buddy is looking for a 2T 125 for his daughter... we looked at a couple in the $2,000 range that were ~12 years old... meh condition. One even had all
    new plastic and the dinge was apparent from 10' away. Maybe at $1,000... but my buddy doesnt have that much time or patience to do frame off reconditions these days.
    I told him to hold out for a clean 2T 200/250

11. Me too, I always strut around the house in them before I get suited up to show my wife what a skaters body really looks like :)

bitorius, jksoft and Phl218 like this.
  12. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Finally able stretch the legs of the new Beta today. I'm sure it's a combination of many factors but this thing just felt so comfortable to ride. It ripped and I never felt I needed more power and it also lugged when it needed to. I'm really looking forward to taking my riding to the next level.

bitorius, TurboBlew and tropicoz like this.
  13. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Yep. At the moment, sellers are not adjust pricing for the bike's condition.

14. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Yeah that's surprising to me. I had the poly version for like 3 seasons before I broke them and had no issue. Plus you only really use the velcro the first time, then you just snap the straps on and off at the attachment on the end so not much to wear out.

rice r0cket likes this.
  15. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

What did you get?

16. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

17. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Every used 2 stroke bike on the market needs a top end, wheel bearings, swingarm linkage bearings, suspension refreshed a chain and tires. When the advertisement starts out with "Fresh top end" you know it's clapped the fuck out.

TurboBlew and Wheel Bearing like this.
  18. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

If it passes compression and leak down tests it's worth 2500 bucks

19. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Looking for help for overheating problem.
    2021 KTM 500 XCFW:
    • EJK piggyback tuner (set to recommended settings)
    • removed reeds
    • Pro Moto Billet end cap
    • Acerbis 3.1L black tank
    • Acerbis plastic case covers
    • AXP Extreme skid plate
    I live in KY, but have only ridden the bike on a trip out west a couple weeks ago (purchased used with 500 non-dirt miles on it.)
    Day 1: Taylor Park, Colorado ~80*F. Combination of single track and double track, didn't notice the fan on at all.
    Day 2: Taylor Park, Colorado ~80*F. Similar trails. In the morning, no heat issues. After lunch, I ran the bike super hard, running full throttle alot for an hour or two, but at 30-50mph on dirt roads. Surprisingly, (since I was moving at decent speed) I noticed fan on when I stopped for a break. After that, I got into a ton of rock gardens and creeks and tight single track and my fan ran non-stop, way more than I'm used to for similar conditions for my old RFS bikes, especially considering it wasn't that hot. Eventually on some single track, I checked my tank and it spewed gas all over me. It was boiling bad, so I pulled the tank trailside to get the bike to cool off as soon as possible. After this, I nursed it back to camp, but the fan ran non-stop as it was basically single track all the way. Even running 15-20mph on single track in 3rd gear, it was running hot.
    Day 3: Ouray/Telluride ~80*F highs. Anything resembling a climb, the fan was running nearly non-stop, even when moving at 15MPH+. Somewhere between day 2/3 I pulled the rubber gasket from the gas cap, and didn't notice my tank boiling anymore. I was also babying the bike from this point on for my whole trip.
    Days 4-7: Moab ~95*F highs. Anything less than 20MPh and the fans were on full time. Like I said above, I was babying it full-time.
    The trip was awesome but somewhat tainted by constantly worrying about overheating. This was my first time riding at high altitude and first experience with a fuel injected dirt bike. My main questions:
    • Is there something in the cooling system that could have failed on Day 2? It is possible that I just didn't run it as hard that first day and a half, but it definitely seemed hotter from that second afternoon.
    • Is this simply a high elevation problem? I was under the impression that even with the tuner, the ECU should be able to handle fueling. I know that fluids will boil at lower temperature at altitude, which might explain why my gas was boiling. Also, I didn't notice the boiling over as much after I removed the rubber insert in the gas cap, making me wonder if it was pulling a vacuum in the tank, which would also encourage boiling.
    • I never once boiled coolant over onto the ground.
    • Is this an EJK tuner problem? Would I be able to run cooler with a Vortex/GET ECU?
    • I'd like to have a better idea what the engine temperature is. Are my only options a radiator cap with a guage or the trailtech temp gauge that just stick a probe onto the radiator fins?
    • It does seem like the larger tank will hold more heat in around the engine. I've heard it's somewhat common to use reflective tank to reflect this heat. Is there anything else I should be doing to help this? I do wish the fan stayed on after I shut the bike off for a little while to aid in cooling.

20. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

don't know what you have the temp for fan set to, but turn the fan temp setting up.. no need for it to be on below 190-200F... the fan only cools the immediate are of the fan, and once the sensor, that is right there near the fan, detects this tiny area of coolant is below the setting, it shuts the fan off. having the setting at 160'ish will do nothing but run your battery down when the bike shuts off, and wear the fan pretty fast when bike is running.