1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about buying a gun.....EXTAR EXP-556

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedyE, Nov 5, 2014.

1. :crackup:

2. I don’t know why all the hate for AR pistols.

I’ve got quite a few AR pistols and love them. My primary home defense weapon is an AR-45.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Shotgun is less likely to penetrate walls and off your furry friends.

4. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I was more interested in anyone with experience in the Extar platform, not specifically the EP556. I have an EP9 and while mostly everything is AR parts, there's a few proprietary things I had questions about. Figured I'd fish with a big(er) net and ask here.

5. CBRGriff

CBRGriff Well-Known Member

For $450 home defense its hard to beat a Glock or any other modern striker fired handgun in your preferred pistol caliber. I've always felt like indoors I'm much more effective with a handgun. It takes alot of practice to be fast with even a 10.5" SBR indoors.

6. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I'm not on SEAL Team Six. (Well, not anymore.) It's a fun thing I want to dress up in Magpul pieces and upgrade things on and shoot with my friends. Hence, the questions I have about swapping parts and the platform itself instead of questions regarding how to not kill my neighbors while John Wicking throngs of Russian home invaders.

svracer22 likes this.
  7. svracer22

svracer22 Well-Known Member

I have one but haven't done much to it. Protos handguard and metal buffer retainer.

8. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

God damn y’all quoting shit from 7 years ago??

I saw the notice and I’m like huh what the hell did I say?

ToofPic likes this.
  9. Shit. I never even pay attention to dates. :D

10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

And your neighbors primary home defense weapon and maybe his neighbor too...unless you are loading frangible bullets.

You know bullets go thru drywall, siding, etc in real life? Its not like movies where you can hide behind a piece of tin and bullets not hit you. :D

11. It’s a 5” barrel and .45ACP Hollow Points. They aren’t going through THAT much shit. :D

ChemGuy likes this.
  12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

we know

Gorilla George likes this.