1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please advice... how to gently handle sitUation.... dude dropped/smoked my arai

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedyE, Aug 21, 2021.

1. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I'm all F'k up, 50 ways to sunday, I'm all f'd up... but I starting to ride again... 2nd long ride last sunday (many stops/breaks/rests) , doing good 1st/2nd controlled wheelies, couple over-extended knee taps, lol. If ya'll saw me in grocery store you look, then when i look at you, you quickly look away and Never look back... i see it when i am in population... I a wreck, horrifying to look at, BUT I starting to ride again.

The Bike will make my Brain Heal, positive brain hormone releases, make my body heal, make my immune system stronger. Riding make my Body stronger! Riding BEST pyshical therapy for me!!! I always get "YOu cant ride on aTD!!!! Shit, they got wayne rainey duct-taped to an R1... they got guys missing hand/arms/legs on TD... why I not capable of riding in slowpoke group on TD????
    Anyways.... 2 long rides and already capable of winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Novice at any TD and wheelie across for my TD trophy ... Imma get John Cook on the horn, tonight! I want a 7'foot car-show most/shiniest-wax winning style trophy or 9' I got the biggest speakers in my truck style TD Trophy!!!!!!

The LOCALs HATE ME!!! I'm fighting 50 windmills a day..... VERY Tiring

Anyways, I am meandering about locally, see a pack of bikes at restaurant, pull in park, set helmet on 4ft wall next to my bike.
    I knew/sorta a couple of the guys.
    One guy, not friend, but i friendly w/ when i Rarely see him.... all of a sudden my arai falls 4ft lands on the dome, then bounces 2' and hits (its bouncing/rolling down a hill/decline. Took a 4' Hit, took 3 2' hits, and a couple 1' hits.
    Dude says I am sorry , I was trying to get/hold your gloves. I not mad, I calm (But I broke, not not-eat-food broke, but eating my mom's savings on any bike parts/stuff broke.... i aint supposed to buy bike stuff unless HAVE to have it. Helmet EXPENSIVE!!!!
    anyways he says, I pay for it. NP. I sad cause i loved the design, had it for a long time, loved the design.
    I says that helmet was like $600 or something. He says it's used, i not pay you for a new helmet, i pay you for a used helmet. I give you 4-500$ .... i'm like, I cant deal w/ this now, we will figure it out later.
    He then thinks about it, comes back to me, says no worries, i give you the $600. He staright up dude, no doubt.

Anyways I get on revzilla, they not have any arias I like, and they like $800 now, WTF.... will he pay me? I dont know, probably, but add one more local to my hate-me list. He gonna shit potatoes when I tell him how much to replace my 'used' helmet... :(

I dont know what to do, to replace my helmet w/out drama.... please advice/help.... I am stressed to the MAX every single day for I dont know how many years, I dont need this right now.

MY helmet:
    2016, used 4x, racetrack/TD.
    2020, used 3x, local backroads.
    2021, used 2 1hr rides, maybe 6 5-10 minutes ride, was old style/date, but basically new...

My Helmet Arai Basilick Medium... can't find a NIB replacement anywhere on interenret....
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/123245374792?hash=item1cb1ff2d48:g:TakAAOSw8gVX2-GM

If this was a medium, I would buy it, reimbursed and wrap this up... but no mediums anywhere....

?????

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
  2. SpeedyE

Too sum up my 'I dont have a life' post above... how do i ask for, get a $800 replacement helmet w/ out causing anger/hate from this guy???? 50+% of the Locals HATE me! I dont want to add more to the list.
    Thank you

And I hate every current design :(

3. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Take your $600 and be happy you got that out of him.

Fencer, galloway840, MikeR and 23 others like this.
  4. SpeedyE

OK, I understand... Reality, I lucky to get $600 .... Thank you

BigBird and 5axis like this.
  5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I agree, take the $600 and be glad the guy was willing to pay that. I think that's a slightly older and no longer produced model right? Might be hard to find an exact replacement of it.

Which also means, I'm assuming, that its likely beyond the typical "shelf life" that Arai recommends. You could look at it as a good opportunity to update to a newer model, and one that has the currently SNELL/DOT rating (I think those update every 5 years is it?)

6. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

You’re riding! When I did ride on the track, as long as it was Snell and ANSI approved and it fit, I was golden!
    Solid colors only to save some money.
    Take the money and get you a safe helmet.
    Fack the first world Bullshyt and ride on!

BigBird, KneeDragger_c69 and SpeedyE like this.
  7. speedluvn

Edit - or what ever the new, up to date helmet ratings are.

SpeedyE likes this.
  8. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Signet Q in that graphic was year 2012-13. DD Kev is right that you are lucky dude gave you the $600.

Been a few months ago, but The Service Pavilion had a few of those left, but not sure of what sizes.
    So give Robert a call first of next week to check.

SpeedyE likes this.
  9. SpeedyE

THANK YOU GUYS!!!!! THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!! <3 <3 <3

ty.JPG

10. Lee57

Lee57 Well-Known Member

Please do no be offended, but it is riders like you that I am most concerned about when I am on-track.

jasonhise likes this.
  11. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Damn bra. Take that 6. Buy a new lens, use the extra money to buy another TD, and wear that damn lid. Just how many centuries do you think you're going to live? Sheesh.

SpeedyE likes this.
  12. SpeedyE

I was JOKING about the TD winning/trophies ;) I'm superduperfnBored, and trying to laugh/smile/entertain myself :) ... thought others would laugh too :)

9' trophy :Putter:

Shenanigans and jrsamples like this.
  13. speedluvn

I’d take half of that $600 and support the Asian Street Walker community. ;)

mattys281, Sabre699 and SpeedyE like this.
  14. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Yeah! Rescue a pet.

SpeedyE likes this.
  15. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I'd consider the new Scorpion R1 through STG as a replacement. No, it's not an Arai, but those are priced into the stratosphere now.

This may be the cheapest Arai Corsair you will find, and it's probably more than 5 years old.

https://www.theservicepavilion.com/store/p1974/Corsair-V_Black.html#/

Then there's the EXO-R1

https://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/scorpion-exo-r1-air-helmets/

If you email [email protected], I'd bet you they will beat the advertised prices on any of these helmets. I have 2 and I absolutely love them to the point I won't
    buy an Arai anymore.

Sorry about your helmet bounce.....but if you do get back on track, there's a good chance that helmet you lost was too old for Tech. I kinda go by WERA standards for tech on helmets now.
    5 years old or less.

Newyork and SpeedyE like this.
  16. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Go on take the money and run...

SpeedyE likes this.
  17. SpeedyE

<3

I got all 6 garage/shop tiny mice rounded up, in 5-gal bucket in house/AirCondition w/ 5-lbs(lol) of bird/squirrel food and peanut butter... fattening them up, B4 released/scary-new-like/journey sunday or monday... I Very worried, i pray they survive <3

mice bucket x6.JPG

18. SpeedyE

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) <3

19. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

How many years do you guys keep your kids in circulation for? I hang mine up ~5yrs whether used or not. One less thing to worry about.

SpeedyE likes this.
  20. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Your helmet was from 2016. It should be retired by now anyways. He did you a favor. The fact he offered to pay $600 you say thank you and run no matter what a new one costs. I used to sell A lot of Arais. It was 5 years from the sticker and shelve it per Arai’s corporate instructions to me as an authorized dealer in Daytona Beach in the early 2000s. I haven’t read a single comment on the post but take the $600 and give thanks.

BigBird and SpeedyE like this.