MotoGP | 2021 | Round 11 | Red Bull Ring | Austria | Aug 13-15

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Aug 9, 2021.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Bro that’s so much to read. Can you paraphrase ?

2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Yes, give me a few minutes to type it up! You just wait there!

3. malamute

malamute ARRA racer

Strange, but during all of the camera crew showing the riders in the pit garage, zooming in on the racers, just about every time they showed MV(which seemed like a lot), he smiled and waived or thumbs up. Hmmmm. Most everyone else looked pretty focused. Just an observation.

4. rwdfun

rwdfun

I’m not a Mav fan that’s for sure but that is a far cry from pulling in the clutch and bounce the limiter on the straights during the race as was stated earlier. You know. “Down 30kph” and all. Wondering if he thought reving it would simulate a start and reset the dash to race mode. Was that pulling in at end of race or red flag?

wac likes this.
  5. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Wow. I was right. MotoGP had a video. Sad. I wouldn’t allow him to race as a sanctioning body.

6. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Saw that. On track and pit lane. The last one on pit lane he was almost to his garage. Very, very stupid. He’s done for the year imo.

Quicktoy and BigBird like this.
  7. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Agreed.

Quicktoy likes this.
  8. Phl218

Phl218 .

Possible intention: blowing up a motor and causing a red flag due to oil on track?

Quicktoy likes this.
  9. superdino

superdino Naturally aspirated twin-turbo

He usually just races as one guy anyway.

Vinales is now an Iron Maiden song, he's living those Wasted Years.

10. mike998b

mike998b Well-Known Member

If Mav gets sacked for the year. I’m thinking Gagne would make a pretty sharp replacement rider for COTA.

superdino likes this.
  11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

MV has shown repeatedly shown that he's at a single degree thought level, so the former only....

12. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I see him rev it but didn't hear the limiter. Could he have simply been seeing if the electronics were preventing wot

13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Define what a 'limiter' is.....

track wagon likes this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh come on man. Next you’ll be saying the pot Yamaha found in his dresser draw wasn’t his, he was holding it for a friend. :D. He thought they were pencil shavings!!!! :D

sheepofblue and Badger911GT3 like this.
  15. BigBird

BigBird blah

it was the end of the race. he even came in on the last lap and went to pits and didn't even bother to cross the finish line. He needs mental help ASAP, not even joking.

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

I feel sorry for his kid

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

I know they say you lose 1/2 a second a lap when you get a kid, but he is losing entire races in the garage.

Phl218 likes this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

He basically said, racers race, that's what they are paid for, and to talk to journalists, or as he said "dic$heads"

Quicktoy likes this.
  19. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Jask said he has no idea what's going on at Yamaha.
    Ultimately you're paid to race a bike. And talk to dickheads via social media.

Quicktoy likes this.
  20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He’s banked around $10m, he’ll get his teeth fixed at some point and he’ll get a good paying ride for next year. Sorry for him? Hells no’s.

Quicktoy likes this.