1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WorldSBK I Round 5 I Assen I July 23-25

Discussion in 'General' started by Quicktoy, Jul 19, 2021.

1. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

I though (not 100% sure) they were trying to start using moto 2 type bikes bikes similar to what paasch and triumph are running in bsb

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry but nope, Garrett never got it far enough past to be seen so the other rider could give him room. His mistake totally.

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

When Rea first arrived in the world championship, he was involved in every last "racing incident" that occurred. Eventually, he became fairly successful.

Quicktoy, R1M370, 418 and 2 others like this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What I was saying was that they are not factory teams/seats at the 600 level.
    Allowing in all kinds of bigger bikes with fewer cylinders.
    I was pretty critical of Rea (although I most remember him crashing himself out). Ask @Knotcher . He nearly has an orgasm every time he brings that up. :D
    And I never said that Gerloff is not going to settle down and have a successful career. I'm just commenting on the now.

henry_carlson likes this.
  5. superdino

superdino Naturally aspirated twin-turbo

It's not a mistake. GG has a hit list with annoying Euro-names on it, fairings will bang. Scott Redding you are next BROTHER. (Wait, is Turkey in Europe or Asia?)

Quicktoy and 418 like this.
  6. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Yes

Quicktoy and pickled egg like this.
  7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Yes

Quicktoy likes this.
  8. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Yes

Quicktoy likes this.
  9. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

As I've been following this thread, I've been thinking about who is the rider in the leading group that seems the most careful with their passes? I think its Redding. And I also think that it hurts his finishing position.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Have you made a comparison to last year?

11. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

No, only looking at this year. Kind of in the moment, I guess. He is very cautious with his passes even when he had the pace to close a gap pretty quickly. Sometimes he seems to wait too long to make the pass and it allows other riders to get away. I may be way off base, but that's the feeling I get watching the races.

Circacee likes this.
  12. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

He's gotta Canepa himself into the lead and stay there.

13. Thistle

Thistle Well-Known Member

Which may explain his dialog in this interview.
    https://www.bikesportnews.com/news/...ng-calls-for-more-respect-after-gerloff-clash

14. superdino

superdino Naturally aspirated twin-turbo

The Redding quote was:

"I went into Turn 1, Garrett came up alongside me, I braked a bit late, and he broke even later than me. I thought, ‘that isn’t happening. Not a chance’ Are you here to win races or win the first corner? You’re costing yourself the race, and someone else is on the receiving end as well.

“We’re meant to be world-class riders, and it’s hit-and-miss as to whether we get through the first corner. I like Gerloff and I get on with him, but when he puts the helmet on, sometimes I think, ‘what are you doing?’ I'm one for hard racing, I never shy away from a good battle, but I keep it clean and respectful. It can happen, but he just needs to think a little bit."

15. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Oh ya. Grab those bull horns Garret.

16. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

Seems to be an accurate critic to me.

Circacee likes this.
  17. sheepofblue

So Redding was late himself......isn't he above all that? :Poke:

Quicktoy likes this.
  18. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

And the riders in WSBK seem to be most comfortable racing with Toprak…

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There is a difference between late breaking and breaking too late. One is intentional and serves a purpose: making a pass or defending a position, at the expense of your lap time. The other is a fuck up.

20. sheepofblue

And yet the announcers go on and on about Roprak braking so late..... so is late not related to the rider, bike and tires :beer:

But I know...Gerloff bad....:D