1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The USPS/ups/FedEx rage thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by joec, Jun 27, 2020.

1. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

The biggest problem I see with them is they’re so short of drivers, their contractors hire any warm body willing to drive a rental truck. Coming into my workplace, I think, I have 7 different drivers and only one is an actual FedEx employee. I wouldn’t trust any of them to NOT steal packages.

2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

International shipping is a nightmare. Here's something, not inexpensive, I ordered April 28 that made it, from what I can tell, to the local hub in the Netherlands, and has sat there since May 7.

Screenshot_20210519-202059.png

3. racer_11

racer_11 moto nyne guy

i was wondering if theft could be a factor on my "lost" shipment of hoosier dirt bike tires for stock in our store.

ducnut likes this.
  4. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Conversely, last fall, I ordered from the UK, twice, and both orders made it to me in IL in 7 days. Simply amazing.

racer_11 likes this.
  5. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I have ordered items from Europe, that arrive quicker than items a few states away. DHL. Usually 3-4 days tops.

Odilup likes this.
  6. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Translogic in the UK gets us stuff faster than we get boxes from California, somehow. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. We've had big boxes from the Czech Republic show up in 5 days. And also 2 months. And also 3 months and counting ...

ducnut likes this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Titanium brake shims from Russia: accepted at Russian post office, April 6 , got here May 17. Between April 12 to May 12, radio silence

8. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Sounds about right. 2 weeks held up by the Russian mafia and 2 weeks sitting in US customs. Rest was actually time getting across the pond.

BigBird likes this.
  9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I know for a fact UPS management wouldn't want to hear that story...lol. But with the volume they do the flood gates are open with drivers hired right off the street. Used to be you had to hump it in a hub or center for a couple years.
    Thats the face of the company... also one of the hardest jobs to do.

10. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

C’mon man, don’t you know I’m being unreasonable expecting better and why should the driver care?:rolleyes:

Seriously, I know what you mean. My Uncle Kermit was UPS and route man for nearly 20 of his 30 years and I remember him telling us how long it took to get to driver.

My Dad always said UPS road drivers was one of the best OTR jobs you could have.

11. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Fedex organization is a shit show. There are days when I will get 3-4 different deliveries in the same day from the same hub with all different trucks. Sometimes they literally pass each other in the entrance to my shop.

ToofPic, Sabre699 and ducnut like this.
  12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Fed-ex scores again...on the ground out by the mailbox but not on the neighbor's deck.

joec likes this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

Amazon does the same thing. They all have a lot of deliveries to make.

I have had two separate Amazon trucks deliver packages at the same exact time at my house, coming from two separate directions

14. TSAVO5150

TSAVO5150 ASMA #70

15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Stupid...

16. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

What’s impressive is they somehow made the earth spin backwards, between Moriarty and PHX, on the 22nd. Haha.

17. TSAVO5150

TSAVO5150 ASMA #70

My thoughts exactly!!

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

11:19 PM > 12:11 PM :Poke:

TSAVO5150 likes this.
  19. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

EF07ED7F-FBA9-4826-B877-1F321C95A44C.jpg I’ve got bodywork sitting in Italy since 4/24. Seems a little excessive.

20. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

??? It's 11 hours later ... ie - Noon to 11pm :whoosh:

Last edited: May 24, 2021