1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Troy Bayliss fractured his neck

Discussion in 'General' started by Quicktoy, May 19, 2021.

1. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Ohhhh...didn't see that. I did look at where the C4 is and it's middle of neck. Dangerous territory for a fracture. Hope his doc/wife talks him out of racing for the year.

Quicktoy likes this.
  2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Road bicycle LOL

3. Used2befast

Prove it :Poke: LOL

Quicktoy likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If he broke C4 a helmet wouldn't have done a thing for his consciousness. Considering he is awake and they're evaluating the spinal injury I'd guess he was wearing a helmet and doesn't have a TBI.

Quicktoy likes this.
  5. Quicktoy

I did say I’m guessing lol.

6. Used2befast

So guessing it was a "bicycle" is not really a true "guess" but only restating a fact.

When you start really guessing let me know :D

Quicktoy likes this.
  7. Quicktoy

I was guessing. I don’t know anything. I guess everything. I had a good guess on that one lol.

8. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I feel like more road racers get hurt from off season dirtbike and bicycle accidents then actual racing.

969 likes this.
  9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:stupid:

10. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Hope he's OK and heals up fast.

11. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

A fellow former motorcycle racist managed to Superman off his mountainbike somewhere in the desert. He got up, didn’t feel right and decided he had to get back to his jeep which was, I think, 20 miles away. By the time he got back and loaded his bike, he knew something wasn’t right, so drove himself to some field hospital where he got X-rayed and then took a helicopter ride into Boulder.

It turned out he’d only fractured his atlas which, usually, totally paralyzes pretty much everyone. Anyway, he’s 100% these days.

Baylisss will be fine.

Last edited: May 19, 2021
    BigBird likes this.
  12. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Bayliss is goat territory - hope he fully recovers and continues to raise hell

dude went from painting cars to winning wsbk ships , winning Valencia on a wild card, he is a warrior . You never hear a bad word about him ....Bayliss v edwards , my favorite races to watch hands down . He gives zero fucks , he’ll be ok

YamahaRick, MELK-MAN and BigBird like this.
  13. Used2befast

Let the guessing begin...again...another day of guessing. Whoop de de dooooo!!!

Quicktoy likes this.
  14. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

This guys is remarkably positive:

Troy Bayliss:

"I'm OK and I'm home, but the crash means I won't be riding a motorcycle until I regain full movement in my arms and hands. I really just wanted to let everyone know what's happened, that I'm OK and that I'll be back in leathers as soon as I can. It's been an intense weekend for me and my family, but luckily I'm OK and I will recover. My doctors have been really positive, but there's no firm indication of how long it will be until I can regain enough control to get back on a bike – maybe a few months, maybe longer; it just depends on how the recovery goes once the bones heal up."

15. Used2befast

Wow....very sad.

My dad was in a car accident a couple years ago with fractures at C4 to T1 (surgeon called it a train wreck) and it was a long road. He still can't use his right hand properly. Lots of therapy...hope he can get full use of his arm/hands back.

The Todd and Quicktoy like this.
  16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

This is just a cover story.
    Actually, he was on Rossi's yacht when Vale's girlfriend stepped out of the fo'c·'sle showcasing dat azz and Bayliss whipped his head around so fast he broke his neck.

galloway840 and acorn27 like this.
  17. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I think that’s mostly a function of time spent and the fact that when they’re out “training”/fucking around it’s an uncontrolled environment. None of these guys can sit still, and probably none of you fuckers either.

Hope Troy makes a full recovery, he was always one of my favorites. I’m sure as soon as he recovers he’ll be right back out on the bicycle and motorcycle and not give a fuck, and will keep at it until the day he leaves the Earth.

galloway840 likes this.
  18. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Bayliss is on another level for sure. The year he chose amputating part of his finger over forfeiting a possible WSBK championship I realized that even if I had his talent I'd never have his drive. I hope that badass makes a full recovery and grows that finger back to boot.

GarrettRick likes this.
  19. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Savage ! Didn’t know that story , cool !
    Tough as nails and seems to have raised a proper fast family too