1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All knowing beebs: Storage Sheds

Discussion in 'General' started by Marcos415, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Marcos415

Marcos415 Well-Known Member

I'm looking into purchasing a storage shed for the backyard of a property I do NOT own. Once I purchase property I would like to take it with me. With that being said, what kind of sheds have you guys/gals had good results with in terms of durability and keeping things dry. I've owned sheds in the past that were sheet metal and zip screwed together. They were ok but once built not very good at being taken apart and relocated.

Thanks in advance

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

How big? For anything sized to hold riding mower type stuff get a plastic one if you want to move it. Metal or wood will suck to move.

BigBird likes this.
  3. Marcos415

Marcos415 Well-Known Member

Nothing crazy, I would say a 10x10

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Just build your own. Do a search for “Asian neighbor builds his own shed”

way cheaper and easier then just tear it back down or leave it.

seriously, find the thread and learn about building easily.

SuddenBraking, evakat and renegade17 like this.
  5. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I'm not any help except maybe you'll get lucky and have a Beeb member build your shed like me. Still standing strong despite all the stupid weather we get in nashville. I think it could be moved but not worth it and we'll leave it when we move.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Container. Seriously.

YamahaRick likes this.
  7. kyle carver

kyle carver Well-Known Member

Go to the Mennonites, they have a trailer that will set the shed where you want it , turn it anyway. It’s almost worth the price of the shed to see the trailer in action. Explain what you want to do and they will give you a cost of the shed, moving it, Damn good people.

8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I'm having a 12x20 built. $6500 delivered, leveled & tied down.
    Unless someone has it on their lot, plan on waiting a while.
    I'm 3 weeks in to a 5-6 week wait.
    I needed to finance or I would have had 1 built.

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

G2G and thrak410 like this.
  10. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Oh my... that is such a great viewing

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

This, depending where you are. Every Amish sawmill around here, and there's alot, builds sheds/storage barns on skids and have some local guys set up with the right trailers to deliver. Pretty much as big and whatever you'd like, I've seen them build 2 halves and send it as a double wide they put together on site.

12. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Costco has good deals on plastic ones from time to time... some look REALLY nice too.

13. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

How long do you need it for? Is security an issue? I bought a harbor freight tarp shed big enough to hold a car for under $200. It's already paid for itself, compared to the storage unit I was renting. And if it gets destroyed in 6 months, it is still cheaper to replace than what I would have spent on a that storage unit. I put down a pallet floor for cheap, too. People practically give those things away. But, it probably would only be good for 2-3 years before the tarp degrades.

BigBird likes this.
  14. BC

BC Well-Known Member

8x20 shipping containers can be had for under $2000, otherwise get an enclosed trailer.

15. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

I am going the shipping container route. 3 of them side by side and bolted together. Cant beat the sub $6k price of that.

16. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Thirded. Got a 16x10 delivered/installed/pad build for about $5K. Solid as a rock.

17. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I just bought two of these and can confirm.

18. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

My HOA might not be too happy with this idea lol

G Dawg and Boman Forklift like this.
  19. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yea there is no freaking way something that ugly is coming in my yard.

Heck I’m not even sure i would want one of those ugly things at my shop.

2blueYam likes this.
  20. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

:stupid:My HOA is pretty cool and we have very few rules. The city is picky enough that we really don't need any more and our HOA agrees, but I think they might blow a gasket at the site of a shipping container in my yard.

tony 340 and Boman Forklift like this.