1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's talk tire changers

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jul 17, 2020.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

of course. Its a pneumatic. Now balancing is a different story.

Ducti89 likes this.
  2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

On streetbikes/ tires its not that big of a deal... on track tires I prefer to install dry or with hairspray.
    You may notice some vendors put a paint line on the rim/tire after install. So you can quickly see if the tires are slipping on the bead.
    Also you want to make sure the bead area on the rim is clean and not distorted on the tire.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  3. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

Good lube makes pretty much everything better.

Banditracer likes this.
  4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

So back on this subject.... I keep pinching/ruining new tubes with my No Mar. Would the Tuxedo TC400 be any better in that respect?

5. 23103a

23103a Well-Known Member

I've never used a No-Mar but I suspect people are going to tell you it's a technique issue.

I've only changed one set of tube tires with my machine. It was a PITA since they were ultra stiff Dunlop knobbies, but no issues with the tube.

6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

With me it was definitely a technique issue. I've now mounted my No-Mar using concrete anchors and it's made it much easier for me to walk by it and take the tires to my local mechanic. Since then I've had no issues mounting tires and my wheels come back cleaned, too :p

Phl218, E Reed, badmoon692008 and 4 others like this.
  7. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

This is their instructional video on street/dualsport tire changing, with tube.

motion likes this.
  8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Ya I've watched that gawdam video 25 times!

9. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

Are you inflating the tube enough to prevent pinching? To little and it's easy to pinch to much and it will get in the way and get pinched.

10. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

I never inflate the tube before fitting the second bead on the wheel.
    I just be sure the tube is laying flat inside the tire, never an issue for me.

969 likes this.
  11. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I had a harbor freight that I struggled like hell on. I was just gifted a NoMar and it is amazing in comparison. I don't feel the need to go pneumatic now.

Phl218 likes this.
  12. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

Can anyone shed light on the No mar ones specifically the hitch mounted set up. Been considering one as there is a group of us and it would pay for itself fairly quickly. How much effort is in setting it up? And is it worth it in the end?

13. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Never used the hitch mount setup, but have seen others with it. Seems quite convenient when setup to use. Not sure how much of a PITA it is to keep in bed of truck or trailer, then mount it on hitch when you want to use it. I know a couple of guys that had the No-Mar mounted inside their enclosed trailers. Nice mobile setups there. If you, and/or friends, change tires regularly, then I think it's worth it.

14. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

That’s kind of my question, I have a toyhauler so no room to have a huge platform like I have seen some have. I’m assuming from the videos I’ve seen you need leverage on the machine and not like it could get much better then a trailer hitch.

15. yuengling910

yuengling910 Loose Cannon

I've had the No-Mar Classic for about 5 years. I've only ever used it with the hitch mount and I've never had any issues. I've never traveled with it as I have limited space. It takes me about 5 minutes to pull it off of the hooks it's hanging on in the garage and set it up on the back of my truck. 5 more minutes to disassemble and hang back up. Great product, easily pays for itself.

16. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

For tire lube, Ru-Glyde is your friend. Buy a gallon at NAPA and it will last for 3 generations. :p

17. SuddenBraking

I’d gladly sell you mine (assuming you’re still local). I don’t have the hitch mount, though.

JBowen33 likes this.
  18. colin96

colin96 Well-Known Member

So I’ve gotten to the point that I’m tired of fighting with my NoMar classic anymore. It’s generally great with moto Tires, but I have a fleet of 4 cars/truck that I maintain as well, and heaving those things up and down, plus getting the rim blocks just right, is kicking my ass. I’m almost 52 now, and there are some things not worth struggling with anymore. Really looking hard at the weaver unit, I think it’s an 898, and the atlas. Anybody have .02 they can offer.

thx. Colin

19. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

Where you located and how much you want for the NoMar?

20. SuddenBraking

Pay somebody else to do it.

Some shit just isn't worth the hassle.

BigBird likes this.