1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Bruce Meyers

Discussion in 'General' started by In Your Corner, Feb 20, 2021.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

2. Critter

Critter Registered

I met the guy several years ago down in Baja and I asked him if he liked big cats and hares... He looked at me funny like WTF are you talking about.. I said well manx Cats and hares run around the Isle if Man all the time at least they did when I raced the TT... He said HOLY SHIT you are the first guy to actually know what I meant by the Manx buggy. WTF are you doing racing a dirt bike is Baja if you raced the IOMTT, you are ay to sophisticated to be down here... I laughed out loud at that one.. We share a few beers and talked the TT and IOM, He was a super cool guy.... Much respect and VW guys just lost an Icon

Stumpy likes this.
  3. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I saw the original Meyers Manx a while back at a car show in Pasadena. What a fun little car.

Attached Files:

4. loser

loser Well-Known Member

Oh sweet Jesus. I thought this was a thread about Bruce Meyers of BCM Ducati fame.

5. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Great toys he built ...one just has to laugh at all the "look at me" folks who buy a 30-40k UTV then they buy a 60k toyhauler and then a 60-70k diesel truck to haul all that shit to the desert or beaches..
    Close to 200k before interest and insurance...lol

You could drive a buggy just about anywhere or tow it behind virtually anything, and have a shit ton of fun. We didn't need all the looks me shit in my familes not any if our friends we all just went out and did stuff in Buggies and Bajas old school campers or a 4k Winnabago and we had so much fun....it can't be equaled it was awesome and the Manx was one reason 3 generations of a family have, ear to ear smiles.
    Practical, cheap and oh so cool for 40+ years.

6. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

You could run the shit out of them and they didn't break. If you did break it, it was easy and cheap to fix! RIP Bruce.