1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

maybe the glock is in stock :)
    shitty system but atleast it tells ya kinda immediately instead of a few days later

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Unfortunately it does appear to be normal practice and it's every bit as infuriating to me. Same with far exceeding quoted lead times. If you tell me 8 weeks, don't take 6 months. I'd probably be ok with 6 months if I knew up front but it drives me insane when I'm expecting something and it doesn't arrive until months after what I was told to expect.

3. IMO, it’s bullshit.

So what is their MO? Are they just going to continue to accept orders and let them pile up and pile up until they get shit in stock?

4. redtailracing

5. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

It appears to be a standard practice at the moment, due to production shortages / lack of supply chain/ etc..
    If they stand up, corner low and went to a great university, then they will put you in queue but NOT charge your card.

6. Fuckers got me again. I went to pick up the Foxtrot AR Pistol I ordered (.45), and while I was waiting for the background check, they showed me this Canik TP9-SFX.

I’ve never shot a Canik so I got it. But I mainly got it because it came with a lot of shit.

It has a cutout for Optics, and came with two 20-round magazines, speed loader, holster, cleaning kit, spare/different sights, thicker backstrap, and 4 different plates for mounting Optics.

AD869F11-AA8B-4BC9-8B47-15924E3A5C80.jpeg

30170B68-FB9A-4DF9-8326-433611B14E5F.jpeg

7. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Mildly off-topic, but how do you New Yorkers and SUV owners transport handguns in an area “not accessible from the passenger compartment?”

i have a quality lock box, and can keep the pistol unloaded easily, but you can access the back of an SUV easily from the back seat... plus we’ll have a seat folded flat to fit our skis.

8. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Stonewall is close.

i prefer A&A, right by Nelson Ledges for “real” shooting.

9. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Do any of you guys have laser based indoor practice target thingamajigs? If so are they any good for training or just a toy that's fun for a while.

10. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

wtf? that ain't black

DaveB likes this.
  11. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Yeah really, next thing you know he will be getting some white wheels

redtailracing likes this.
  12. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

upload_2021-1-28_15-16-11.jpeg
    Anyone seen the Smith & Wesson CORE, 5 inch in 40s&w?

13. I have that one light socket that I’ve threatened 168,942 times. Does that count? :D

14. No, but I picked up the 9mm today. I was holding it and about to buy it when the dude showed me that Canik.

The S&W felt good though, and it has a cutout for optics. Shit. I might go get it tomorrow.

15. Gray is ok. I just can’t rock the tan guns. They don’t look tacticool. :D

Haha. Not a chance in hell. :D

16. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Requesting a range report on the Canik, please. I'm curious as to how it shoots for you.

17. redtailracing

And gray does? :crackup:

18. First impressions (I only put 2 boxes through it, one Range and one Defensive)...I like it.

Very accurate. I couldn’t believe the first 10 rounds right out of the box. The first 10 rounds went through 2 small holes and one big one.

Smooth, low recoil, and crisp trigger.

If the XD-M Elite is a 10 (best shooting bone stock gun I’ve ever used, I rank it even higher than Sigs and HKs).....and the HK VP9L is a 9, I’d rank this Canik a 7.5...but mainly because the sights are garbage. Very hard to pick up quickly.

I didnt have the box with me, but Id bet I was a FULL second slower on every drill than I am on any of the other iron-only sighted guns.

I’ll get an RMR for it. But still. On a nice gun with a lot of features, they really chickenshitted out on the sights.

19. More than tan, at least to me. :D

20. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Academy had one?

Oh! You said all that to say nothing :rolleyes: And take this, :moon: