1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Your example is an international flight so other countries could have their own standard of entry.

What about domestic flights?

As for the second part of my previous post, you and I are having a reasonable discussion about it. But the facts are the facts about it.

2. Ducti89

So, youre saying free toyhaulers from the Gubment?:D

Phl218 likes this.
  3. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

I guess it is already happening.

Black market for negative COVID-19 tests pops up across the globe

https://nypost.com/2020/11/11/black-market-for-negative-covid-19-tests-pop-up-across-the-globe/

4. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

The "papers" will in all likelihood be electronic as well using one of the medical passport services. Just saw this article about Ticketmaster putting a system together to require a negative covid test or proof of vaccine before being allowed entry into concerts.
    https://www.fox13memphis.com/news/t...-or-negative-test/IJUO3YBD3VDARK47OKAA2UTFGY/

It is a fine line. There are HIPAA laws but if you always have the option to allow your information to be shared. A private venue should also have right to deny entry to whomever they want but where does it end? Can they require you to prove you don't have other diseases before entry? There are going to be lawsuits for a decade over this.

Some states will pass legislation to provide immunity to venues and businesses and other states will put the burden on the individual to prove they are not a risk.

5. Ducti89

Yikes, thats like having an individual prove their innocence at a criminal trial instead of the state proving, beyond a reasonable doubt, that youre not.

And to your point about businesses; if you dont allow entry and discriminate against not having “papers” you have to make a reasonable accommodation for people without papers. Thats why supermarkets can let you order online and pick the order up outside if you dont want to wear a mask.

MachineR1 likes this.
  6. guzziguy

guzziguy Well-Known Member

but a go-kart facility can require you to show a licence, it's a question of what is a reasonable precaution, I suspect that during a pandemic, requiring you to prove you are clear could be considered reasonable

7. Ducti89

Ive never had a kart facility ask me to produce a license.
    The use of a kart on private property does not require a license. They may ask that you be a minimum age, and thats fine. Demonstrating a working knowledge of machinery and vehicle operation and maturity is reasonable. But karting isnt a necessity.

Now, when is there a reasonable exception to people’s privacy? If youre limiting peoples ability to move around, shop and travel, youre in essence guilty, because thats what we do to convicts in a sense with probation and parole if you dont provide “papers of clearance”?

I do remember AIDS being a pandemic, or at least a serious public health scare. I dont recall a limitation with those infected. I also know that you cant demand an answer when asking whether a specific person is infected. You may ask them to provide information when it pertains to blood transfusions and not allow them to partake. Thats reasonable buts its done in private with a medical facility that is bound by HIPAA. Its not for public dissemination and never should be.

tony 340 likes this.
  8. Ducti89

And one other thought, which i think is important is that i think it’s fair to say that those who get this virus survive. Its a shame reading that seemingly healthy friends of some on this board have passed. Im sorry for their loss.

But if youre going to institute exceptions to privacy laws and Constitutional laws, it should meet an exigency circumstance situation. For example, if, and this is just a number Im throwing out there, 25% of all persons infected die, I would agree that this an exigency circumstance. The argument would be much stronger. As it is, its very survivable. And understand, I dont mean to trivialize the lost.

To Mongo’s point earlier, people Succumb to the cold, flu and pneumonia. Not once have any of those illnesses been classified as a pandemic.

Shocker and jksoft like this.
  9. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Well, not once since the 1918 influenza pandemic. Except of course for the Asian Flu pandemic of 1958 and the H1N1 Swine Flu pandemic of 2009. But other than that, not once.

10. Ducti89

Were they a separate illnesses as in not the common cold or flu?

What limitations were placed on society with those pandemics?

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Which ones did we shut the planet down for? As far as I know we continued to fight a war in 1918. Ohh how soft and cushy everyone has gotten.

12. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

But how is it ok for the CDC to say

Isolating after a positive coronavirus test? The CDC says you can still vote in person.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/11/03/cdc-covid-19-vote-election/

13. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Your memory is faulty. More than a few countries, including the US, banned entry into the country of those with HIV. A number of countries still do. Some countries searched baggage for HIV meds and arrested people with such meds in their baggage. Most US states passed criminal transmission statutes, of which all are still in effect (a very few states have modified their HIV criminalization laws in the last 3 years, but none have repealed them). Many of these statutes make giving blood or signing an organ donor card a felony if you are HIV+. And they have been used to incarcerate people, some of whom are still in jail today.

My career at the place I worked in the 90's was ended because I could not be admitted even for a short visit to the country where our engineering and factories were.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  14. Ducti89

Our country banning non-citizens coming in and other countries banning us from going there is permissible. Again, there are no Constitutional and privacy protections for us going there and them coming to us.

As far a the criminal justice jailing those with AIDS, it usually requires the defendant to know that they have the disease and abstain from from being an organ donor or giving blood.

I would be curious to know, if a person was really jailed for seemingly trying to partake in a noble cause only to probably find out for themselves that they were infected. Wheres the mens rea in that circumstance?

For your last part, it’s that country’s rules, not ours.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

Shocker likes this.
  16. BigBird

BigBird blah

17. brl0301

brl0301 Well-Known Member

How could the flight turn into a speading event if everyone else is vaccinated? Or are you admitting that the vaccine thats going to be shoved down peoples throats will be largely ineffective and "covid" cases will go back to being nothing more than the flu and colds?

18. Ducti89

You know what rubs my Twix the wrong way? That exact guy saying we need a vaccine to turn around and deny any new vaccine coming to his state.

StaccatoFan, Shocker, Photo and 3 others like this.
  19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Excellent rationale for avoiding the same level of stupid today.

20. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Lock down your 401ks or 403s shit about to go negative!

Total lockdown will kill your money!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.