Cancer is evil

Discussion in 'General' started by CausticYarn, Nov 5, 2020.

1. CausticYarn

CausticYarn I’m just here for the food.

There has been a lot of loss in this community. And it seems that this year has been really tough for a lot of people.

Many of you remember Putter, and he needs us again. Kaitlyn’s (his daughter) momma is very very sick, and she is not long for this world. She has been fighting cancer for a couple of years now, and has entered home hospice. Her family is going to need a lot of love and support in the coming weeks. Kaitlyn is too young to be going through this. It’s been only a few short years since she lost her father and now she is losing her mother.

This is the link to her caring bridge page, there is a go fund me link posted on October 19th - but that isn’t the only support the family needs. The love and support of community, caring for the caretakers, telling people you are thinking about them, and reaching out to make sure they are okay Long after their loved ones leave this world - that is extremely important as well.

This community is so awesome in that respect, and I appreciate it very much.

2. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

FUCK! :(

3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I'd been contemplating when to post about this for a few weeks now. Even so far as to begin updating Putters thread. Just couldn't bring myself to finish it.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  4. CausticYarn

CausticYarn I’m just here for the food.

I talked to Kelli this morning, she said it was okay.

I am absolutely wrecked over this.

Putter kept popping into my thoughts and dreams, I kept coming across banter and random inside jokes between us - something pushed me to check up on his family. And now my heart hurts.

Let me know if you need anything. I am the caretaker for the caretakers this year.

Razr and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I can bump it up to see if anyone is interested in doing a Xmas go fund me again for Kaitlyn. Poor kid

Shenanigans and SpeedyE like this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I really don't know what to post, been trying to think of anything to say. :(

Hasn't that kid and family had enough?

stk0308, SpeedyE and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  7. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

If anyone in this world deserved a break, it’s Kaitlyn. Man I just can’t even find an explanation for how f@cked this is.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  8. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Fuck... :(

9. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I feel sick to my stomach. I don’t understand how this could be happening to that poor kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I suppose this is the part where I bitch about the dungeon being closed and urge Mongo to reopen it so as not to deprive the masses of my awesome thoughts on divine planning. :mad:

I guess I'll just have to say that this family has had more than its fair share of unbelievable hardship for a group of people who, to my knowledge, haven't committed any genocide or even your basic business-related murder. WTF is wrong with the universe?

beac83, OGs750, G2G and 1 other person like this.
  11. 42K8

42K8 Well-Known Member

CausticYarn mentioned it, but to draw attention to it, if you want to donate, do so using the gofundme link (https://www.gofundme.com/f/3s62v-the-gift-of-time-for-kerri-and-chris). Clicking on the link to donate on the Caring Bridge website donates to the website itself, *not* the family.

My thoughts are with Kaitlyn , Kerri and their family....

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Done...
    Sometimes life events are unexplainable. Prayers sent, our heart breaks, you're in our thoughts.

13. I’m game for this.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You put something together, I'm in.

This hit me like a kick in gut really hard. Just started to think about Putter again and not get really upset and this news comes out.

I miss my friend and was finally accepting what he did. I'm back to talking to him like he was in the room and not accepting it. :(

15. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

16. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Cancer took my ex-MIL last night. She was a great person. Me and my ex-wife started dating when we were 15. Got divorced but always stayed close because of our kids. I'm now 43. We have and 19yo son and 17 yo son together. They are not well at all. Besides my dad passing away 5 years ago, this is the first they have experienced first hand. (My father was in texas when he passed away). The shear look of being scared and terror in their eyes is heartbreaking. Watching their nana, take her last breathe.

Fuck cancer to hell.

17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

@drop...So sorry for your family's loss. RIP.

SpeedyE likes this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

Looks like Kerri passed away on 11/10/2020 :(

and sorry to hear @drop

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

20. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

damn it