1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backyard MX Track Design

Discussion in 'General' started by spoon32, Oct 29, 2020.

1. awalk9905

awalk9905 Well-Known Member

My family was into motocross and we had 2-3 moto tracks. My dad and his brother had the equipment and we had a 1.5-2 mile track in our back yard. To be honest, I'm not sure if his insurance knew about it. It was only family and certain friends that rode it.

The track was more of a outdoor style motocross track rather than a supercross track. It has some elevation changes, jumps, etc. It was a slow progression over the years where we'd modify the track to our liking. We never really drew it out on paper, but rather started moving dirt and building turns. Having the equipment was nice because if you didn't like something you could change it. It was a lot of fun and I got the scars to prove it!

Razr and spoon32 like this.
  2. Guy not far from me had a small Mx track at his house. One of his kids friends got hurt pretty bad and they are in the 2nd year of the lawsuit and it’s not looking good for him. Was not a competition or anything and it was barely a track but they claimed he was negligent for not ensuring the kid had proper training, lack of medical access, purposely made “jump” which by looking at the pics were barely jumps as it was for his 5 year old and this kid was 9. Even though the kids parents were there and his dad stated he was “his crew chief and tuner”. I don’t have every detail but from what I can tell obvious money grab because the photos I saw it was set up and groomed better than most tracks I’ve seen, tons of run off and well designed jumps basically made for kids to learn. I’m sure there is some small loophole in his house insurance or something. Like that but I’m not sure. Just food for thought and yes I had my friends kids even today riding at our house on the trails so I’m not super paranoid.

3. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

They're your friends... right up to the point they're not. That point is easily found when serious injuries and large medical expenses enter the conversation.

4. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Even if his homeowners liability would cover for that, most homeowners policies don't include much liability coverage.

5. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

Where in Ohio are you, i am about 15 minutes from wheeling we, I built one on my farm in less than 3 acres that is 1.1 mile long and 10 to 30 feet wide. Here’s some you tubes: