1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CELTIC HSBK & JD Beach

Discussion in 'General' started by Circacee, Oct 14, 2020.

1. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Agreed. JD is arguably the best rider that's available (as in not racing in another MA class this year) for that job. Gillim would be a close second. I predict he will push Richie to his limits and they'll probably have a good scrap at least for part of the race, but I would bet my money on JD for the win.

2. :stupid:

I have no idea how that all went down. But if it was simply a matter of HSBK
    dumping BP because “they want to win”, I hope BP told them to go eat a supersized bag of dicks.

Dude has ridden his ass off, and has ran up front (top 3) all season.

If he was Bautistaing every weekend, or consistently coming in 17th or some shit like that, then sure.

But it’s his first year on a 600, battling against Graves and Team Hammer. The kid has done a fantastic job IMO.

cav115, awalk9905, Suzuka_joe and 8 others like this.
  3. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Paasch’s outside pass attempt at the Carousel at either RA 1 or 2 on SDK was the highlight of the season.

MELK-MAN, Circacee and Gorilla George like this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and coming hard and loaded for bear. ;)

5. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

What about when he beat SDK by 10 seconds at NJMP in Race 1 and stuffed Richie on the last lap in the 2nd race to snag 2nd place from him? I thinks he's done great and he's been pretty hard on himself most season. You can see his frustration that he's had so many 3rd places. He's always had the pace of the front guys but most times couldn't keep that pace up the whole race. He doesn't have a full season in MA on a 600 but he's done a half season in 2017 plus quite a few CCS races on 600s.

6. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

BP is also one of the more likable personas. Escalante seems rather quiet, shy almost. SDK really turned heel this season. I was digging him last season however Fong did most of the talking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quicktoy, racerx13 and MELK-MAN like this.
  7. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Paasch may have something going. Let's call it a hunch... he needs to be racing.

8. humblepie

humblepie Well-Known Member

Very happy for JD. My favorite of all the riders I have been honored to work with. But he is forgetting one thing: KEN HILL! He was literally just another fast rider who couldn't close the deal until Ken started helping him.

socalrider, Shocker and Quicktoy like this.
  9. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Paasch on the Westby R1 @ Laguna!!!

You heard it here first folks!

Quicktoy likes this.
  10. Circacee

Nah. They got that Yamaha test rider to come for Laguna.

11. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

lorenzo?

the jorge kind not the zanetti kind

Senna likes this.
  12. Circacee

I forgot his name. You’ll see Friday.

13. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Folger?

14. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Well remember damnit. We wanna know lol.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  15. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

oh boy, Greg White will get to open the old box and dust off "flat track style" for Laguna!

JJJerry likes this.
  16. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Should make it interesting, JD is a great rider. Escelante has developed a lot this year though and surely has a ton of confidence built up. Should make it interesting.

regularguy and Yzasserina like this.
  17. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

The word around the paddock was that BP was paying for the at HSBK ride and it was nice amount like over 170k. So did they dump him to have JD not paying?

18. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Well he is locked into 3rd in points with no way of going up or down, so maybe it was seen as a cost saving to skip that round and not pay for the ride?

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  19. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

this is my prediction to fill in for westby- niccolo c****a

I know Paasch has an R6 he trains with so time to blow the dust off and load it up for laguna. He needs to be there to mix it up

20. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Please don't take my prior comments as ripping on BP. He's young and has at least as much potential as anyone out there. No disrespect intended just guessing at the motives.

Recently posted on another site...BP to Honos Kawasaki!

MELK-MAN likes this.