1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round 8 - MotoAmerica at the Brickyard

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Sep 25, 2020.

1. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

I have also been around a couple riders over the years. Yes they all think they can get ready and race the next day. But in Matthew it sure looks like he knew that he was done for the weekend. Also calling people on here stupid because they have their own opinions makes you an ASS.

drop likes this.
  2. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

No; it is just IDing the ill-informed in a some-what kind manner, relative to what could be said.

I've been close to the racing scene to know it happens all the time. Like someone saying he knows ~exactly~ what was going through a rider's mind after a crash.

3. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

did i say Cam? i meant fong.

that being said.. cam was not riding like cam this weekend but he still won the championship

ducnut and Razr like this.
  4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

He either dinged himself up In one of the crashes or was points racing to the point that he was off all weekend. Because you're right he didn't look comfortable at all

turbulence likes this.
  5. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Having an opinion is one thing but speculation that is contradictory to observable facts is not opinion, it is stupid.
    Your opinion is that I am an ass an you might be right, but I am calling like it is.

6. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

I'm ok with hearing everyone's opinion, I just think there is too much of the " I'm right and you're wrong mentality today " and that makes the dissenting person " stupid. So I guess we agree to disagree.

7. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

A totally uninformed opinion but anyone thought that maybe it was Matt who wanted to get up? I know I would in that situation.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  8. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

maybe because you don't know what he was saying, or what was being said to him..

GNC likes this.
  9. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Like I said, it's always easy to Monday morning quaterback, but every bit of medical training I've ever recieved says to leave him in place until the ambulance arrived. What the injured party wants is of no concern as they generally aren't medically trained, and may not be in the best condition to make decisions. And sometimes they are too tough for their own good. From medics to surgeons, no one I've ever trained with would have tried to move him into a Camaro.

I once responded to a vehicle crash scene before an ambulance arrived, no medical kit with me. Thrown from vehicle, lying prone. Conscious with an open airway. He wanted to move. I made him lie still until the ambulance/paramedics arrived.

I don't have the details that were on the ground. But as an outsider looking in, a Camaro would not have been on my list of options.

Edit: if it was just his crash on his own, my decision might be different. But the impact to the lower back (looked like to me) by the other bike changes everything for me and raises my concern for additional injuries. Not saying I'm right, just that my actions would have been different .

GNC and mike w like this.
  10. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I think its safe to say the statement "Ken is an ass." is fact.

:D

rapidzrx likes this.
  11. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

How many times did he fall down? 3?

noles19 likes this.
  12. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

3, but prob went into championship mode to save the season not the weekend

13. grasshopper

Ben there done that. Just get the points and get the bike back to the truck in one piece. The last championship I won in 2016 I didn't even race the last round because I had the points locked. I'm sure he won't have that attitude at Laguna being that is practically home for him. Hopefully he's not too banged up.

14. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

It`s over, he`s ok, relatively.

But...The "observable" facts were not so at the time.

So IMO, not too big a stretch to suggest let him lay...what would that have hurt? That is normal protocol. Also makes you wonder, did the doc have Xray eyes? :D

And, yes, everyone has one. :crackup:

I got ran over a couple years ago, and the EMt`s @ the track couldn`t see anything wrong. Not their fault, no xray..

Turns out my Tibial plateau was sheared off, hanging by my IT band...

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  15. grasshopper

Okay guys... The dead horse has been repetitively beaten about how the medical folks handled Scholtz. On to the next subject... Laguna. Baggers being flogged through the corkscrew. LOL

turbulence, badmoon692008 and cav115 like this.
  16. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Should be a show! :D

17. grasshopper

It's really the only exciting thing because all of the classes pretty much have the championships decided. Too bad the points aren't closer it would make the racing more exciting.

cav115 likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Did that weeks ago :D

Ducman851 likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Penske is trying to keep his track running by keep the locals happy - they're the ones making the mask rules.

Mat was up on a broken ankle and the doctor had him sit his ass down while the ambulance was rolling to them. No one tried to stuff anyone into a camaro. Totally lost on why people keep saying stupid shit like that - and it's not just you it's all the idiots on here and facetubes - especially those who should know better and know the doc is in the dafety car which was on pit lane and could get to him quicker than anyone else - and I repeat the DOCTOR was in the car...

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's the press release put out by Westby so it was in a number of places.