1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round 8 - MotoAmerica at the Brickyard

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Really happy for him and I hope he can take the off season to gather the support he deserves.
    “Brought to you by Carl’s Jr.”™️

2. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

KW said in one of his Anti-Deterred videos that he didn't want to be " just another R1 team" or something like that.
    Also didn't he say Kawi bailed on him last minute? and he decided on DooKahTee ?
    So could now see him going the BMW route and creating Wyman Bros. Racing

3. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I know it'll never happen, but I'd love to see Kyle on a second Westby R1. It'd be cool to see what he can do when all he is focused on is racing.

4. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Though this sounds cool, I think T. Wyman is finding his stride.

5. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Of course the bike is a pain in the ass...it's Italian. My wife is only half Italian and still manages to be a total pain in the ass

KneeDragger_c69, Gino230 and Senna like this.
  6. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

What a great weekend. I was there helping Danilo Lewis and although they were serious about the mask and enforcing where people could and could not go, all the yellow shirt people could not have been nicer about how they went about it.
    Zannetti Ducati sounded soooo angry going down the straight compared to the other bikes, I think in part might have been having the exhaust coming out of both sides of the belly.

Gino230, rice r0cket, 418 and 2 others like this.
  7. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

The Camaro was the safety car, with a doctor on board. The Doctor did his initial assessment, then had Matt take a seat in the camaro while waiting for the ambulance. It did look quite odd with Matt trying to get in with his helmet on...

MELK-MAN, drop and JJJerry like this.
  8. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

That is what I saw, too. The doctor had Matthew sit in the car with his feet out so there could be a more comfortable evaluation of the injury. Maybe the beeb, in all their wisdom, would have preferred to have Scholtz just flop out on the ground so the Dr. could check him out. I was, once again, amazed by the level of stupid exhibited by some of the posters on here.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  9. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

the facetube comments were insane... people need to get a grip, especially when they don't have all the details.

10. LossPrev

LossPrev Well-Known Member

As one of these stupid people, I will stand by thinking it's ridiculous to have a rider with a leg injury walk over to a camaro for an evaluation. Lying or sitting in the grass while being evaluated for a few minutes before an ambulance arrives is hardly "flopping around".

svracer22, 5axis, drop and 1 other person like this.
  11. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Amazed? Honestly? You must be new here.

stk0308 likes this.
  12. 418

418 Expert #59

17 pages deep on the past weekends national racing series.

MA must be doing something right. These threads were 3 pages long not too long ago with about 4 or 5 same predictable posters...

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    TurboBlew, stk0308, Gino230 and 2 others like this.
  13. drop

drop Well-Known Member

What if I was there, saw the accident, the slow response, the obvious pain Matt was in, and the call to make him flop like a fish over to the Camaro? Does that change anything? Why not let him lay there for 2 more minutes, where a proper seating/laying position could be had. They for sure were in no hurry to throw the red flag, them once they did they were in no hurry to get to him, so why the hurry and shove him into a car. Why not just wait on the ambulance. Evaluating him on the ground would have been more productive and efficient than making him walk to a car to be evaluated....

LossPrev, svracer22, 418 and 2 others like this.
  14. drop

drop Well-Known Member

And it's not all twins related....

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I told a friend a few days ago that for the first time in years that I was full in on the US national.

MA just needs cash and teams. I texted a friend (different one from the first) tonight that we want to come back and give it a go with the right rider (and there are a lot of them right now).

Viva Rainey (although I was a Schwantz guy)! Viva MA!

16. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

You really think it was better bending his body and neck into the car? I would think it better to make him play still until a stretcher arrived to stabilize his body.

drop and 418 like this.
  17. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Anyone with any emergency medical training (except that doctor apparently) would tell you after crashing off a motorcycle, and being hit with that much force by another motorcycle, the prudent thing to do is to NOT MOVE the rider unless medically necessary. So unless he was in danger of being hit by another motorcycle, something nearby was on fire, his airway was compromised, etc, he should have been left in place until the ambulance arrived. Walking to a Camaro and struggling to get in is NOT one of the options. With that said, its always easy to Monday morning quarterback.

stk0308, grasshopper and noles19 like this.
  18. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I think the slow red flag allowed some of the field to pass pit entrance and have to do another lap at red flag pace which kept the ambulance from being deployed. More of a guess, but the root cause was the slow red flag which made the ambulance even slower causing someone to suggest hobbling over to a Camaro for a sit. On the broadcast, Pridmore instantly called fluid on the track when 5-6 bike had big moments or crashes in the same spot. Too bad it took a while for officials to get that same understanding. The optics and timing were not great.

19. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I really think it was better for me not to second guess a physician who was there on the spot and in a better position than anybody posting on here to make the appropriate evaluation of the situation and act accordingly.
    I am also not going second guess and blame anybody about the fact that Scholz had to be taken to the hospital by his girlfriend. Any body that has raced or been around racers knows that they have a serious case of denial about the need to go to a hospital, when there is more racing to be had. I wonder how hard it was for his team and girlfriend to convince him that he needed to be checked out?

cav115, MELK-MAN and JBall like this.
  20. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

Indy is or was a FIM homugulated track ,,which one requirement is a rim or ring road around the track for emergency vehicles to reach anywhere on the track unimpeded.